The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Thoughts & prayers for a friend (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/thoughts-prayers-friend-153057/)

Foxtail Ranch 02-10-2013 06:01 PM

Thoughts & prayers for a friend

My friend and neighbor DF was transported to the hospital last Friday having trouble breathing. She had a broken arm that had been bothering her and refused to heal. We found out she has cancer in many places. I am still unclear about how extensive it is or how long she may have left, but hospice was suggested at the hospital.

She is my dear friend and neighbor. She and her husband used to ride and shoe Arabs for many years, so she has been a mentor to me, as well as letting me use their beautiful arena. Her husband has helped me so many times I can't count he can fix anything and smiles every time he sees us riding.

We took our adjustable bed over to set up in the living room for DF this morning. We will help in any way we can. We have lots of recent experience with this kind of thing, so I guess for once, that is good.

Please send your prayers and thoughts out for my friend Debbie. I believe such efforts really do help!
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 02-10-2013 06:04 PM

Sending the good energy.

Sounds like you are indeed blessed to know such a fine person. I hope that she can be restored to health.

waresbear 02-10-2013 06:08 PM

So sorry to hear this, sending positives vibes.

kitten_Val 02-10-2013 07:37 PM

How sad and scary! Lots of prayers sent!

HorseLovinLady 02-10-2013 09:12 PM

Prayers from me as well.

Foxhunter 02-11-2013 07:01 PM

I'm humming across the pond.

Foxtail Ranch 02-11-2013 09:53 PM

Thanks everyone. Your help means a lot to me. I just wish I could make this cancer leave her alone!

Life is so short

TaMMa89 02-20-2013 04:28 AM

I'm sorry to hearing that. Good vibes for her!

Cacowgirl 02-20-2013 04:36 PM

So sad when bad things happen to good people-healing thoughts to your DF.

Foxtail Ranch 03-01-2013 08:34 PM

I am sorry to report my friend Debbie passed away. The tumors were cutting off the blood supply to her brain and she went quickly after she fell into a coma. I am glad her suffering ended but will miss her. Thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts. Tiffany