The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Birthday present help!! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/birthday-present-help-153286/)

DraftyAiresMum 02-12-2013 06:08 PM

Birthday present help!!

Ok, so tomorrow is my best friend's birthday and I completely forgot. I totally thought her birthday was later in the month. So, that means her birthday present is going to be late, but I have no idea what to get her. For Christmas year before last, I made her a bracelet out of her horse's hair with her tack color (royal blue) braided into it.

I was thinking of making her a pillow with a picture of her horse hand embroidered on the front and a cool quote under the picture and backing it in her tack color. I am very good at hand embroidery and could finish it in a few days, working on it in the evening when I get home from work. Does that sound too "corny"?

I want to do something handmade because I feel that handmade stuff comes more from the heart and I really don't have a lot of money. My best friend is amazing and has been there for me through everything with Aires and even let me live in her garage for almost two years when I had nowhere else to go.

Thoughts? Ideas? Help!

Skyseternalangel 02-13-2013 03:56 AM

That seems really thoughtful! :)

SorrelHorse 02-13-2013 04:18 AM

I think that's a really good idea~

DraftyAiresMum 02-13-2013 11:09 AM

Ok, so I got the material and stuffing last night. The material for the embroidered part is light blue (to look like the sky) and the material for the border and the back is this really cute almost bandana print in royal blue. I have three pics of her horse, Siege, that I had printed out last night, but I can't decide which one to use. I'll try to post them so I can get some help deciding. I also can't decide what quote to use. Thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device

PurplePopcornDelicious 02-13-2013 11:15 AM

Lovely idea!! For a quote, maybe use something from a favorite song of hers? Music preferences are often something very passionate to a lot of people.

DraftyAiresMum 02-13-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurplePopcornDelicious (Post 1892400)
Lovely idea!! For a quote, maybe use something from a favorite song of hers? Music preferences are often something very passionate to a lot of people.

Hrm. I was thinking a horsey quote. Her home life leaves much to be desired (long, complicated story, but let's just say that her husband is a mentally and emotionally stunted jerk who she literally can't leave unless she wants to be deported) and her horse is her escape.
Posted via Mobile Device

PurplePopcornDelicious 02-13-2013 11:37 AM

A lyric quote can relate to anything in that persons life, be it even the escape a horse offers :) Just look around.

Pssst:
Wild horses by Natasha Bedingfield might help you along.

Skyseternalangel 02-13-2013 04:58 PM

"Horses are God's excuse for men"

:lol:

DraftyAiresMum 02-13-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 1892998)
"Horses are God's excuse for men"

:lol:

That seriously made me laugh so hard I started crying!
Posted via Mobile Device