The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Custom Saddlebags? (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/custom-saddlebags-153414/)

TinyTexasCowgirl 02-13-2013 09:11 PM

Custom Saddlebags?

Does anyone know where I could have a set of saddlebags made? I'm needing a bunch of pockets, lots of padding, and as jostle free as I can. I'll be using these for my camera equipment as well as normal riding. I have a pretty good idea of what I need, but can't find them anywhere.

grayshell38 02-13-2013 11:03 PM

I can't help you with custom bags, but I think you might want to look into Stowaway saddle bags. Excellent quality, tons of pockets (and more space than they look like they have!) as well as being the most jostle free bags I have tried. They are also waterproof (not water resistant like a lot of other bags...).

I got mine here (free shipping or $5 two day shipping. Can't beat that.): Saddle Bags & Holders

TinyTexasCowgirl 02-13-2013 11:05 PM

Those aren't quite big enough. But appreciate the thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

goneriding 02-14-2013 07:26 AM

You might find something here. You say camera equipment, I use a waterproof backpack for my equipment and it even holds my tripod. It doesn't interfere with my riding. I question camera equipment in saddle bags possibly getting banged around.

Search for western and endurance horse saddlebags at Outfitters Supply.

Annanoel 02-14-2013 11:26 AM

Forgive me here, don't mean to hijack but there was a member who was on a ride around the world who had some awesome custom saddle bags I've been looking into. Can't remember the brand, does anyone know?

TheOtherHorse 02-15-2013 05:21 AM

www.snugpax.com

I have some Snug Pax and love them. There are several different styles available on the website, and if you call her and discuss what you need she can make custom modifications. Very nice quality, well designed, and no bounce.

Angela32 02-15-2013 11:13 PM

Hi,

My friend could probably make you some. www.hammeredhorse.com

Angela

thenrie 02-18-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annanoel (Post 1894020)
Forgive me here, don't mean to hijack but there was a member who was on a ride around the world who had some awesome custom saddle bags I've been looking into. Can't remember the brand, does anyone know?

Try thegreathorsetrip.com or their facebook page The Great Horse Trip. I think you're talking about Gilles and Anna. They are members here.

thenrie 02-20-2013 04:43 PM

Just found a place that will make saddlebags to your specs if you wish. Just contact them and tell them what you want and they'll sew them up for you.

Pack Saddle & Horse Packing Equipment