The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   PERFECT day! Have to share! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/perfect-day-have-share-153481/)

ZipSilkyMachine 02-14-2013 07:14 PM

PERFECT day! Have to share!

Hey everyone!

So, my horse Rusty was a western pleasure show horse. I am in the process of converting him to English. Today was absolutely perfect! I have been through quite an ordeal with getting all brand new tack and sizing it all correctly, soaking and oiling leather, returning and exchanging bits and pieces, ect. and today everything finally came together! Plus, I got to him to actually come onto the bit. I rode him on our mile-long track without spurs and he responded wonderfully. But the cherry on top was a beautiful, floating extended trot! It was THE best trot that he has ever given me under saddle! Not only is this amazing because he jogs, but he has a tendency to trip when I try to push him out into a trot or canter and he didn't trip once! He was totally on point. Sorry for the explosion of energy but I just can't get over how perfect he did today. I would love to post pictures but I have no idea how :(

So, I would really like to get into a training routine with him. But alot of the time I feel like I just don't know where to begin or how to go about completing a good training session. Does anyone have any kind of routine that they follow or any helpful advice?

LeahKathleen 02-14-2013 07:24 PM

Click "Go Advanced" instead of "Post Quick Reply." Then click the icon that looks like a little paperclip ("Attachments") and then choose your files from your computer.

Congrats on your amazing day! :)

ZipSilkyMachine 02-14-2013 08:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ahhh, thanks for the uploading info!! :)
Here's my boy all dressed up in his handsome new outfit, and I had to zoom in on his cute little face!