The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   qh and apha registry (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/qh-apha-registry-153504/)

precious12 02-14-2013 09:44 PM

qh and apha registry

1 Attachment(s)
Hi.. guys i am looking at purchasing a qh gelding out of apha/aqha he's suddenly famous...I know the gelding can be registered since his sire is apha and dam was qh...but not sure if he wil be considered solid bred paint or regular registry. I attached pics of him.

paintedpastures 02-14-2013 09:51 PM

unless he has a white spot we can't see in that picture,based on his blaze & socks being his only white they aren't enough:-(,so he would be registered as a SPB

CLaPorte432 02-14-2013 10:00 PM

Agreed. Solid paint so he'll get breeding stock papers, not regular registry.
Posted via Mobile Device

FGRanch 02-14-2013 10:05 PM

Is is sire AQHA and APHA? I'm a bit confused. He is a very nice horse.

paintedpastures 02-14-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FGRanch (Post 1895020)
Is is sire AQHA and APHA? I'm a bit confused. He is a very nice horse.

Horses sire is: Hes suddenly Famous who is double register AQHA/APHA. Dam is a AQHA mare. so this horse pictured can be double registered too:-).with APHA though he will be registered as a SPB,not regular registry due to his lack of qualifying white markings

precious12 02-15-2013 01:40 AM

Yea his sire is apha and aqua and dam is aqha...my biggest question has anybody gone through the process of this and is it hard?

dcnc 02-18-2013 06:31 PM

I am trying to get some help looking up a horse a owned, he was apha breeding stock, I am no longer a member, and it's kind of expensive to get the membership where you can see all the info about him ...like who has owned him since I sold him and who owns him now, can anyone help me by looking him up on APHA?

paintedpastures 02-18-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by precious12 (Post 1895264)
Yea his sire is apha and aqua and dam is aqha...my biggest question has anybody gone through the process of this and is it hard?

Is he not registered at all with one of the associations:??

BarrelRacer23 02-19-2013 11:22 PM

If both parents are registered with AQHA he will also be registered with AQHA. His sire has both sets of papers but since his dam is a Quarter Horse so is he. He would only be a Paint if his dam was a Paint.
Posted via Mobile Device

paintedpastures 02-19-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrelRacer23 (Post 1903308)
If both parents are registered with AQHA he will also be registered with AQHA. His sire has both sets of papers but since his dam is a Quarter Horse so is he. He would only be a Paint if his dam was a Paint.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually yes he can be registered BOTH AQHA & APHA:D
His eligibility for APHA registration comes from the sire being APHA registered & fact that other parent can be AQHA or TB in this case his dam. He would only qualify for SPB{ used to be call breeding stock} not regular registry as he is lacking enough qualifying white:wink:.