The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   What color outfit?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/what-color-outfit-153596/)

Chubbyandbailey 02-15-2013 08:43 PM

What color outfit?!

I have a chestnut. And I want to get a new outfit for this year. I want to get colored chaps, so black is not really and option. Lighter colors like white and sand are also not really an option because knowing me I would get the outfit dirty within a couple of seconds!! I am also trying to avoid teal or blue because me and my friend go to nearly every show together and her shirt is teal. Also, could you maybe send me some links to some websites that have outfits or shirts that I may be interested in? Thanks!

LeahKathleen 02-15-2013 08:49 PM

What about a really pretty coral-type color? "Redheaded" horses I think look great in peachy/orange/pink colors.

What discipline do you show in?

DraftyAiresMum 02-15-2013 08:59 PM

Hobby Horse has a great color wheel to help with just these kinds of dilemmas.

Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Shopping
Posted via Mobile Device

Northernstar 02-15-2013 09:04 PM

My QH is a sorrel, and she looks stunning in Hunter Green- I can definately picture that for with your chestnut! :)

Chubbyandbailey 02-15-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeahKathleen (Post 1896322)
What about a really pretty coral-type color? "Redheaded" horses I think look great in peachy/orange/pink colors.

What discipline do you show in?

I show in 4-H and open shows. This outfit would be for western pleasure and horsemanship. And also western riding.

Chubbyandbailey 02-15-2013 09:13 PM

also, my sister says I should show in a deep purple color. But I'm not too sure about it. I don't think it would look very good with my horse.

DraftyAiresMum 02-15-2013 09:14 PM

My best friend had a bright chestnut Arab mare and deep purple looked absolutely stunning on her.
Posted via Mobile Device

Monty4ever 02-15-2013 09:19 PM

I think this website might help you:
Snafflez

Pick whatever event you are doing and see what colors look good on the chestnut horse.
Posted via Mobile Device

LeahKathleen 02-15-2013 09:23 PM

Give this a shot. :)

Snafflez' HorseMaker: Design and Dress Up Your Western Performance Horse!

LeahKathleen 02-15-2013 09:28 PM

Oops, didn't see that it had already been posted!