The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Nutrition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/)
-   -   Looking for organic grain (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/looking-organic-grain-153602/)

smarties 02-15-2013 09:22 PM

Looking for organic grain

I am looking for organic grain, if there is such a thing. I have a Morgan that is currently getting Poulin MVP. I am going to be changing his supplements around a bit. I would try Speedi-beet, but I board him and do not want to make extra work. He is on dirt t.o. year round as he is a very easy keeper.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jensride 02-15-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarties (Post 1896388)
I am looking for organic grain, if there is such a thing. I have a Morgan that is currently getting Poulin MVP. I am going to be changing his supplements around a bit. I would try Speedi-beet, but I board him and do not want to make extra work. He is on dirt t.o. year round as he is a very easy keeper.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am looking into finding one also after finding out details about my 20.00 bag commercial feed. Ug!!! Genesis organic feed is one i am trying to find. They have a website, looks great. Good luck

smarties 02-15-2013 10:46 PM

I have heard of Genesis and will look into it. I do like the MVP, however I am looking for something that is not processed(it is pelleted).

Saddlebag 02-15-2013 10:53 PM

Organic - doesn't that mean high priced?

smarties 02-15-2013 11:00 PM

Yes, I think organic does mean high priced. I am currently just checking it out and getting opinions. I have fed other grains aside from MVP and would go with Speedi-Beet, but he is boarded and I would like him to remain low maintenance so as not to be a nuisance.
I may go with non organic and non pelleted, but that pretty much leaves me with oats, I think.