The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   4-Her Looking for a Barrel Horse/Pony in Indiana (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/4-her-looking-barrel-horse-pony-153693/)

poundinghooves 02-16-2013 05:03 PM

4-Her Looking for a Barrel Horse/Pony in Indiana

I have two miniature horses and really don't want to lease a contesting horse *again* this year for 4-H. I am looking for an affordable horse or pony. I am on a budget because I will be paying for this horse myself. I've been looking all over the Internet and haven't really found anything. The fair is in June and practices start in April. I thought I'd post on here and see if I came up with anything. PM me if you want more details on my experience with horses and so on. Thank you!

Phly 02-16-2013 05:36 PM

Where ya located? Even roughly. I'm northern Indiana and could probly get ya something.
Posted via Mobile Device

poundinghooves 02-16-2013 05:41 PM

I'm probably 30-40 minutes NorthEast of Indianapolis. If you need more info about what I'm looking for, I'd be happy to tell you more. Thanks so much for any help!

Phly 02-16-2013 06:02 PM

Feel free to be detailed. It helps anyone who may be able to help.
Posted via Mobile Device

poundinghooves 02-18-2013 09:56 PM

OK, I'm looking for a horse or pony. I'm a petite person so can ride a pony easily and did so last summer. Would actually prefer a pony due to the fact that I have two (tall) miniature horses who will be pastured with him/her. I also prefer a pony because it's less to feed and won't do as much damage to the ground. My mom will feel better about the size of a pony, as well ;) However, getting a pony isn't a must, I just think it would be nice. The right horse would definitely be considered. I want it to be trained or at least started in contesting events. I'm not super competitive, only would do a few shows a year. The horse doesn't have to be registered or anything like that. Color doesn't matter either. Breed isn't super important but I prefer a Quarter Horse/Pony, Paint, Appy, or POA. It doesn't have to be trained for anything but contesting but I do enjoy showing in other things at 4-H as well as contesting so if he/she would happen to be trained in other events, that would be wonderful as well! I need something for no more than $1,500 and that would be really, really stretching it, especially since I really need to be able to buy a cheap trailer as well. Honestly, if I could find something for about $750 that would be great. But I'm open to something more pricey. I know barrel horses/ponies aren't usually cheap! If anyone has a horse or pony who fits this description or knows of one, please let me know ASAP! You can post it here or PM me. Thank you!

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 02-19-2013 10:54 PM

Here is a few around Louisville, ky I found. Not sure how far you are away from them.
4 Gelding Horses for sale

poundinghooves 03-21-2013 06:42 PM

Anyone have or know of anything? 4-H is right around the corner and I'm needing a pony I can contest with. Also, yes, I am a 4-Her and of course I don't want anything uncontrollable, obviously, but I do have horse experience so what I'm saying is it doesn't have to be a "children's, grandma-safe, horse". :D