The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Who else needs a kick in the............. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/who-else-needs-kick-153771/)

nvr2many 02-17-2013 01:19 PM

Who else needs a kick in the.............

Well, I guess I want to know if there is anyone else out there having trouble getting off their butts and motivating themselves to get into riding this year??

Seems first it was the rain, then the severe cold (for Oregon), then one person sick after another, and so on. When I was going out riding it seemed it would only follow with not being able to ride again for two weeks so, I am always feeling like I am starting over! I hate it!

Should I just wait?............ take what I can?............ What, what??!! LOL.

I guess I am starting to feel sorry for myself because I really am not feeling well and I look outside and think...........I could be this or that. We also bought a horse trailer that we are working on and that has been delayed also.

So, anyone want to join my pitty party?????

DraftyAiresMum 02-17-2013 01:21 PM

I will! I'm feeling stymied this year, as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Left Hand Percherons 02-17-2013 01:26 PM

Me! The wind is keeping me from getting out and working a horse or 3.

nvr2many 02-17-2013 01:29 PM

Around here I look outside and it looks to be getting sunny. But by the time I tack up, it could be raining, lol. I know I am not sweet enough to melt but I hate to be wet and cold! And everything is wet, muddy or soggy! Gah!

Not to mention how out of shape I am and feel! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I will add tho, my step daughter was sick Monday and Tuesday, her days here, my husband was sick during and after that. Today is his first day back to work that I am aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Maybe I just need a day???

waresbear 02-17-2013 01:33 PM

Take in the rides you can get at this time year! Usually it's ice that interferes with riding around here.
Posted via Mobile Device

DraftyAiresMum 02-17-2013 01:34 PM

I'm out of shape, my horse needs his feet done (barn farrier is coming out this week), and I'm having other...bodily...issues. *sigh*
Posted via Mobile Device

SlideStop 02-17-2013 01:36 PM

I definitely get lazy in the winter! I don't want to ride *that* bad. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

nvr2many 02-17-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1898732)
I'm out of shape, my horse needs his feet done (barn farrier is coming out this week), and I'm having other...bodily...issues. *sigh*
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yes, that is right. :shock:
I forgot to add that we need a farrier visit also.

SaddleStrings 02-17-2013 01:47 PM

I haven't really Been out riding as much as I would like this winter either. I rode last weekend, and it felt amazing! Probably get in a good ride today. I find it hard to ride weeknights in the winter since its about 6pm when I get home from work and it's pitch black outside. The horses look at me, like " hello, it's almost bedtime and it's way too cold to go back outside this last in the evening".

Thank goodness, the days are getting much longer now!

Mochachino 02-17-2013 01:48 PM

Feeling the same. Its either rain, how early it is gets dark out and my motivation hasn't been riding condusive lately either. It is a beautiful day today and I"m just not up for a ride for some reason. But I am going to spend some time poking around in the field today. I need to pick some rocks and tidy a few things up today, maybe wash a couple of tails and braid.