The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Coolers and Sheets? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/coolers-sheets-153777/)

winchesterDG 02-17-2013 02:31 PM

Coolers and Sheets?

I am looking into getting a cooler and a lightweight sheet for my horse. I am looking for something under $50 if possible and size 81". Any reccomendations?
Posted via Mobile Device

Delfina 02-17-2013 03:06 PM

I have this cooler and love it. Lightweight and easy to throw into the washer at home. It's sturdy enough that I can throw my horse in supervised turnout with it on (only in the arena where there's nothing for it to catch on). Cheap too

Mio Fleece - Horse Coolers from SmartPak Equine

I have 4 of the Amigo Mio turnout sheets. I paid like $35 each on clearance. My horse keeps his blankets in pristine condition but I gave one to the blanket wrecking pony at the barn and he hasn't even managed to snag it and he's had it for a year now. Completely destroyed 2 midweight turnouts in that time though!

Horseware Amigo Mio 600D Turnout Sheet - Statelinetack.com

RBOlena 02-17-2013 04:43 PM

If you are looking for blankets, go to sstack.com they have a HUGE selection and they are VERY cheap. They have a lot of sizes there too! They are also very durable. I use them for all of my horses and I love them so much.

Skyseternalangel 02-17-2013 06:54 PM

I HIGHLY recommend these two products:

Amigo Jersey Cooler - Horse Coolers from SmartPak Equine

Mio Fleece - Horse Coolers from SmartPak Equine

And this company for sheets and turnouts:
Horse Supplies, Horse Tack, Horse Sheets, Fly Sheets and much more from Schneider Saddlery

Best quality and there are different 'cuts' for different shape of horse. My horse has a tall wither so I got him the V-tek free one.