The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH!! (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/oh-my-gosh-oh-my-gosh-153786/)

BarrelRacer67 02-17-2013 03:14 PM

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH!!

(This is kinda long but I'm so happy!)

Holy freakin' cow! So we went to a benefit barrel race yesterday for a lady who's house burnt down last month. Welp, I decided to take Blaze and enter him in his first real race. We went to the arena to practice Friday night and he wanted to cream second barrel so we worked on that. Saturday morning comes along, we get up and get down there by 9:30 since exhibitions start at 10:00. They were running behind so they actually started at 11. So I exhibition him once and he did awesome but my coat got stuck on the saddle horn going around 3rd and I couldn't get loose so I slowed him down to a walk and we ended up clocking like a 44.something. Would've been around 20 seconds if I was more talented. (Oops! :-P) Then they had an auction that lasted forever but they raised $5000 from the auction alone, so it's ok. Anyway, they started the youth around 2:30-3:00 and I ran fifth, top of the drag. I remembered to take my coat off this time and froze my butt off waiting! Haha, but we went it and made a good, clean 18.74 run. It was his first time so I was super proud of him! After I put my horse up, I was babysitting my friend's 2 year old while the rest of the youth was running and the open riders were getting warmed up. We were sitting there messing on my phone when they called out the youth winners and I heard my name. :-o And oh my gosh, BLAZE WON ME 2ND IN THE 4D! He pulled a check in his first race! I was so proud of him!!!! He's definitely got alot to work on and learn but he's 100% better than he was and has more room to improve. We've got our next race in 2 weeks in the same arena so hopefully he'll do even better but if not, I won't complain :-) But oh my gosh, I'm so flipping proud of him!! :lol: Oh, and they ended up raising over $8000 all together!! Yay!

Sorry for the book but y'all will understand, I'm sure :-P

Kelsie1 02-18-2013 10:31 AM

Omg congrats!!!!

beau159 02-18-2013 12:58 PM

Always great when you can pull a check. Nice work!
Posted via Mobile Device

mammakatja 02-18-2013 01:08 PM

Good for you! What a great way to start out the year. And having recently been a victim of a fire, I think it's awesome how your community used an event like this to help raise money. Great cause and great outcome for everyone involved. :)

Casey02 02-18-2013 03:11 PM

How exciting! Hopefully you can keep up the nice work!

LeahKathleen 02-18-2013 03:14 PM

Awesome! That's great news! I hope you gave him lots of good scratches and lovin'! :)

BarrelRacer67 02-18-2013 06:27 PM

Haha, thanks guys! I'm so proud of him! And Leah, I did and don't forget the treats! Haha!

OliviaMyee 02-18-2013 06:46 PM

Congratulations ! :-P Sounds like you had heaps of fun and excitement.