The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Riding holidays ? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/riding-holidays-153790/)

lolope 02-17-2013 03:29 PM

Riding holidays ?

Hi !
I'm a french sixteen girl, and I need english informations ! ^^ Last year, I spent 1 month in a horse riding centre in Great Britain, to improve my english and also to have good times with horses. It was great and next summer, I want to come again. But I was a bit disappointed because I was with many bigginers and I did lot of easy things ... I know you don't have exam to validate your horse riding's level (not as in France :-P), so I'll try to explain to you my level : I've been riding for 10 years, I jump 90cm-1m, I do eventing, dress a bit, can go outside and keep my horse steady ...
So, do you know, horse riding centres wich do horse riding holidays for that level ? It could be a bit less, but more than 40cm jumps please :-P It must be with accomodation of course ^^ And it could be in Ireland or in Great britain ;)
Thank you for your answer
lolope

PS : and sorry if my english isn't perfect ... You can of course correct my mistakes ;)

lolope 02-19-2013 02:25 PM

Up :)

Northernstar 02-19-2013 02:33 PM

Welcome to the forum! Salut! Ca va? (haha) Your English is a lot better than my French! I can't be of any help with your question, but there are many members here who are in Britain and Ireland that probably can! Good luck :)

Maple 02-19-2013 02:35 PM

There is a place in Ireland called Royal Meath Equestrian Centre and a major part of their program is students from abroad. Maybe something worth looking into?

JustWingIt 02-19-2013 02:40 PM

Hey! Well I am planning on going to Ireland to ride through this agency next summer for my 16th birthday. I know people who have gone on different trips through here and they found it wonderful! Apparently they try to put you in riding groups with people who have similar riding abilities.
Horseback Riding Vacations | Active Riding Trips | Equestrian Vacations

lolope 02-19-2013 03:31 PM

Thank you for your answer ! :)

@Maple I didn't know this place, but I saw they did english lesson and I'm a bit affraid there will be french people ... So I'll be tempting to speak french (or the others people will speak french ...) :/

@JustWingIt I'm looking for horse riding centre with lesson, not really with hack, so there is one (Clonshire). I knew this one, but it's like Royal Meath Equestrian Centre : it's an international riding centre (I have a friend wich went here and will come again this summer ^^) ...

JessXxX 02-19-2013 03:51 PM

Cross Country Riding Ireland | Riding Holidays in Ireland | Riding Holidays Ireland | Ride Cross Country | Jumping Holiday

Expensive but seems like they would cater to your ability :)

Pinda 02-20-2013 07:56 AM

Hi
Where did you spend your last riding holiday? I would like to go to the UK too (I'm German).
Can you recommend the riding school where you were last year?

lolope 02-21-2013 12:41 PM

@JessXxX : Yes it looks ! Thanks :)

@Pinda : by message ;)

lolope 02-23-2013 01:04 PM

up :)