The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Hind end off (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/hind-end-off-153867/)

stingerscricket 02-18-2013 12:46 AM

Hind end off

Something is off with my mares hind end, but I don't know what. Its more noticeable at times but also seems to go away at times too. I do plan to have the vet out soon, I just want opinions of what it may be so I can prepare myself. Here's a short clip of her trotting away from the camera.. Bella hind end off - YouTube

waresbear 02-18-2013 12:48 AM

Hmmmm, seems off in the hock. Hopefully something fixable. Good Luck.

tbcrazy 02-18-2013 01:11 AM

Can you get a video of her walking straight away from you on a flat surface?

stingerscricket 02-18-2013 01:44 AM

If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'm going out to the barn so I will try to get the video then.
Posted via Mobile Device

tbcrazy 02-18-2013 10:36 AM

And actually, from the side too would be helpful :)
Posted via Mobile Device

stingerscricket 02-18-2013 10:37 AM

okay will do!

stingerscricket 02-18-2013 08:30 PM

Here's the video I got today..sorry I didn't realize the walking away was going to be so hard to see, I thought my dad would zoom in :/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6khcs...ature=youtu.be She isn't reluctant to trot at all, in fact she was super hyper today and would've galloped around the ring like a madwoman if I let her. Nothing seems hot, tender, or sore on her back legs and she doesn't mind when you touch all over them.

stingerscricket 02-18-2013 09:11 PM

The way this TB mare travels really resembles the way Arabella is right now..her headsets been a lot lower than normal at the lope and she's stiff backed which freaks me out considering this horse was rested for 7months and still lame!

tbcrazy 02-26-2013 10:27 PM

Hmmm I kind of saw what you were talking about in the video, but it looked subtle to me. It was almost like she got partway through the stride and kind of got pinched and froze up? Does that make sense? I had a mare that moved similar to that and was pinched through the hip, the vet/chiropractor got her fixed right up :) Let us know what the vet finds! Sorry to not have been more helpful :(

stingerscricket 03-02-2013 09:17 AM

That's ok, thanks for replying tbcrazy :) Yeah I get what you're saying..it's so subtle sometimes it's like its gone then it seems like I see it again other times..the vet confirmed nothing was hot, tender, or sore like I originally thought and said her range of motion was perfectly fine. She said right now its not a big deal and to not worry about it unless it gets more consistent, then give her a call, but in the mean time just really pay attention to when and after what it seems to be worse. I have thought about the chiropractor, if something was possibly out of place, like what was wrong with your mare..that'd be great if it keeps happening and that's all it is!