The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Lacking Motivation...Help ='( (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/lacking-motivation-help-%3D-153943/)

demonwolfmoon 02-18-2013 06:27 PM

Lacking Motivation...Help ='(

Ok so I'm an adult and I should know better...but...

I have a Physics Final on Wednesday morning, and I haven't studied enough...fine, I have time...but I also have to correct a physics extended lab and AN ENTIRE SECOND LAB by tomorrow morning. If it were any other topic than physics I wouldn't be worried. Heck, even though it is physics, I could get done in less than two hours if I could get motivated.

But my god, cleaning looks good, BAKING looks good...washing my dogs looks good...going out to see the ponies...maybe the BO will let me ride the head mare again!!!!

...see what I mean?

I'm even browsing Craigslist for stuff I don't need!

Someone help me get motivated here, I only need to finish this last thing and study, I don't even need a stellar score on the final, but I *DO* need to finish this thing!!!

Skyseternalangel 02-18-2013 06:54 PM

Girl.. you need a study schedule.

Everytime you study for an hour, take a 15 minute "ME" break. Bake some stuff and then once it's done you can enjoy it while you study. Study for another hour, then take another 15 minutes to go crazy on Craigslist. Another hour, then break for a 15 minute cleaning break. Or whatever you want to do during those 15 minutes.

Just keep it up and you'll be able to get things done.

Make flash cards that test your knowledge, and take some practice tests.

demonwolfmoon 02-18-2013 06:56 PM

Got the practice tests printed, and answer keys so I can study technique. Ok, shutting off Coasterville, going for some chocolate and getting this show on the road!!!!! Hopefully I can just plug away until I"m at least 60-75 percent done...

Foxtail Ranch 02-18-2013 07:05 PM

Best way to get started is to get everything ready, do one little step and commit to that. That's how I fight it!
Posted via Mobile Device

demonwolfmoon 02-18-2013 07:09 PM

Physics is possibly the worst subject ever for me. It definitely leaves me unmotivated but I'm fighting...I have gotten the equations in, and am trying to start a framework.

Faceman 02-18-2013 07:56 PM

I have an MS in Physics, which enabled me to retire at age 38.

Motivation enough?...:rofl:

demonwolfmoon 02-18-2013 08:14 PM

=/

Not really, since my professor has a Doctorate and she can't be much younger than that LOL. But it is encouraging since my hubby wants to be an engineer...maybe when he has his MS we won't be eating ramen after all ;)

I'm almost done. But hey, Face, do you have any idea where I can find the Ás and the Ák for cork, plastic and felt on an aluminum (presumably) dynamics track? It's all I need to finish the second lab, and her data tables "disappeared" even when we were doing the experiment...so I have no way of calculating percent error without them.... =/

demonwolfmoon 02-18-2013 10:58 PM

Lab Reports = DONE! Yay! Now I need the motivation to study for Wednesday's final and I will be 100 percent happy, and officially only 1/2 of a class (or one if I decide to do a different one LOL) away from Grad School.
!!!