The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   What breed is she? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/what-breed-she-153994/)

Bandit05 02-18-2013 10:16 PM

What breed is she?

9 Attachment(s)
I have had this mare for about a year now and am just a little curious as to what other people may think about what breed(s) she is (I think she has some arabian or thoroughbred and pony in her) I will also put some pictures of her half sister (Same Sire) on here and maybe that will give you more Ideas on what she might be.Here is some more info on her-
Color-Gray? Height-Have to check tommorow Gaits-Walk Trot Canter(She looks and feels as though she is rearing when cantering at times[Kinda like an arabian in a Native costume show]) Gallop(Very fast) the normal Other-She can turn on a dime,Shes a fast learner,She has a short wispy mane but long and thick(ish) tail any other questions just ask!!
Edit-She is around 3 years old

ApolloRider 02-18-2013 10:29 PM

I definitely see some TB. How tall? My old thoroughbred looks almost identical with smaller ears. I will find a pic..

ApolloRider 02-18-2013 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here he is. They have the same nose. :)

Bandit05 02-18-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApolloRider (Post 1901481)
I definitely see some TB. How tall? My old thoroughbred looks almost identical with smaller ears. I will find a pic..

I will have to go out tommorow and measure her she is smaller than my arabian mare (but I dont know how tall she is either lol) but I suppose she will grow since she is only about 3 years old

soenjer55 02-18-2013 10:58 PM

I see tb, absolutely. In fact, if you told me that she was full tb I would believe you without question. Of course, she may have something else... I would probably discount any stock horse blood in her, she's way too light for that IMO. Maybe arabian, although I'm not too sure of that because arabian traits tend to be pretty prominent and she doesn't seem to show too many of the tell-tale ones, if any...
possibly a type of pony, such as Connemara? Especially if she's on the smaller side. Those would be my guesses if I had to choose a breed other than tb, but honestly she looks like she's at the very least 50% tb, likely more... She would fit right in with a group of ottbs, haha.
Then again, I'm only good at spotting common breed traits, ha ha. Where did you get her? What breeds are most common where you live?

Bandit05 02-19-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApolloRider (Post 1901481)

She is 14.1 hh and your horse is gorgeous lol

Bandit05 02-19-2013 11:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by soenjer55 (Post 1901529)
I see tb, absolutely. In fact, if you told me that she was full tb I would believe you without question. Of course, she may have something else... I would probably discount any stock horse blood in her, she's way too light for that IMO. Maybe arabian, although I'm not too sure of that because arabian traits tend to be pretty prominent and she doesn't seem to show too many of the tell-tale ones, if any...
possibly a type of pony, such as Connemara? Especially if she's on the smaller side. Those would be my guesses if I had to choose a breed other than tb, but honestly she looks like she's at the very least 50% tb, likely more... She would fit right in with a group of ottbs, haha.
Then again, I'm only good at spotting common breed traits, ha ha. Where did you get her? What breeds are most common where you live?

Im not sure where we got her from exactly but it was from a guy who said his neighbor had gone to Australia and left his horses behind so he took them in and all I know about there past is what the man told me which is they are half sisters (Same Sire different Dam),the most common breeds near where I live is stock horse breeds like paints,Quarter horses and Appaloosas we also have alot of arabian ranches (in texas) Here are some pictures of her half sister she is also pony sized probably a full 1 or 2 hands shorter than her sister

RBOlena 02-19-2013 12:10 PM

Yeah I would defiantly say TB

appyponyboy82 02-25-2013 04:27 PM

TB for sure she has the neck.

caseymyhorserocks 03-01-2013 08:04 PM

TB for sure! Probably with a bit of Arab influence as well.