The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from the Appalachin Mountains (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-appalachin-mountains-154024/)

Spotted Eventer 02-19-2013 09:14 AM

Hello from the Appalachin Mountains

Hello all of Horse Forums,
I am a avid horse lover and have been riding for as long as I can remember. I started riding english when I was in 2nd grade in Florida. Once I moved to NC I started taking lesson in dressage and hunter jumper, I did this from 3rd grade till the beginning of 6th grade. In 6th grade I started taking eventing lesson from the best instructor ever! I started riding a Appendix who had evented and wanted to start eventing also. Unfortunately I had to leave him because he started having really bad arthritis/pain problems and couldn't jump anymore.By luck, I found the horse I ride now, a 16.2 Appaloosa gelding. He is the center of my world and I am currently eventing him at Beginner Novice. What is really cool is I have done all of his dressage and jumping work. When I first started riding him he had a good set of basics, walk, trot, and canter. So that is a quick summery of my riding.

Other that that I am a high school student and want to become a equine/animal science professor at a college, but I would really love to be a trainer (horses) also.

My XC colors are light blue and navy (lol, I love matching all of my tack)

I ride two gaited horses and a QH two times a week so I can earn a little extra money.

Beside eventing I also enjoy hunter paces and local open shows.

My life is pretty much school and horses, so I hope I didn't bore you!

Ride on!

NBEventer 02-19-2013 09:31 AM

Welcome from a fellow Appalachian Mountain area eventer :-)

Spotted Eventer 02-19-2013 08:34 PM

Forgot to add that pretty soon I will be moving to KY,with my pony.

HorseLovinLady 02-19-2013 09:30 PM

Welcome to the forum!! Please share some pics of your horse with us.

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 02-19-2013 10:25 PM

Hi! And welcome!