The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Nothing but bad luck!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/nothing-but-bad-luck-15412/)

FGRanch 10-01-2008 12:30 AM

Nothing but bad luck!!

I've been feeling pretty down about my horse situation...it seems that everytime I get attached to a horse something happens. I'll explain

Kita was the first horse I got attached to, not long after I got her Kita developed asthma. I can't ride her anymore.

Decker was the next horse I got attached. I adored this little colt, he was my darling. After $2600 in vet bills Decker passed away at two years old.

Kootenay was the next one. Nothing happened to him other than the fact that I was forced to sell because at the time we were having some money problems.

Next was Dillon, he got his lip bit off...

And the most recent one is Tana. She was doing great in her training and I had very high hopes for her in the show ring. I had her at a friends house trail riding and she got chased thru a fence and cut her leg pretty bad.

I've had over 30 horses in my life and those are the only ones I've let myself get attached to and something happened to all of them....

Small_Town_Girl 10-01-2008 12:44 AM

Me and you both...

I got Echo my first horse (well pony), had to be put down after a
dog attack....:cry:

Then Ace...he was not for a beginner and I had my "times" with
him, so I traded him for Chava. I do miss him though. :(

Now I am selling Chava due to I need the money and I
am very attached to her, but I know what I am doing is
for the best. :(

We have awful horse situations! :x

FGRanch 10-01-2008 12:49 AM

No kidding. It does make me feel better to know that I'm not the only one though.

Small_Town_Girl 10-01-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FehrGroundRanch
No kidding. It does make me feel better to know that I'm not the only one though.

Oh yeah me too. It sucks...this seems to happen every time I find
a good horse too! :(

FGRanch 10-01-2008 12:57 AM

I know, I just got my new horse Boon home and I've been avoiding him like the plague, just in case.

Call me crazy, but it's happened way to many times that I'm getting pretty gun shy.

JustDressageIt 10-01-2008 01:34 AM

Oh Tiff... I'm sorry to hear that.
I don't know about any of the other horses, but I have to say - look at Dillon!! He's healed up nearly perfectly, and you two bonded over the whole experience right?
As for Tana, maybe this is another chance to bond... sounds silly, I know, but my friend's horse (who she was on the fence about selling) ripped her leg up in barbed wire, and it took some nursing, but now those two work so well together - it's like the horse knows who looked after her and made her all better.
Don't give up.. I know we can all look at things and feel lower than a worm's belly at times, but everything happens for a reason... you just haven't been made aware of the reasons yet :)

You're an amazing woman, I admire you... things will look up :)

FGRanch 10-01-2008 11:57 AM

Thanks very much Allie, that was very touching.

You are very right about Dillon, he has healed up pretty good and we have bonded so well.

I really feel for Tana. She has always been the wild child, you know what I mean, I'm sure. Well she is locked in a small pen, watching all her buddies and having me pick at her poor leg a couple times a day. She is losing weight and is very depressed. But on the otherhand once the cows move out in the middle of the month she will have a bigger pen, and I will move Aden in with her because he is ready for weaning.