The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Showman products (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/showman-products-154198/)

countrylove 02-20-2013 09:54 PM

Showman products

I tried to Google reviews and didn't find much. What are your experiences with Showman products specifically leather tack such as bridles and reins? Thanks ahead of time :)
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthernTrails 02-20-2013 10:00 PM

The New Showman Tack items are made in India

Phly 02-20-2013 10:10 PM

I have some showman leather tack. And it's decent. It's auction tack though, so how old is anyone's guess. Actually most all my tack is auction tack. We buy plain tack and the wife blings it. We're cheap lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

countrylove 02-20-2013 11:00 PM

My biggest wonder is how well they hold up? I'm not "breaking" a horse in one (Bridle/rein set) but my mare needs an occasional refresher course and I am going to use it for pleasure and small local shows. So far I like it but I have yet to actually use it. So I guess the true test is tomorrow when I use it :) And hopefully it holds up for more than a few uses
Posted via Mobile Device

RBOlena 02-21-2013 10:36 AM

I got a showman headstall and the leather is very still, no matter how much I oiled it. And the silver was very cheap looking. It wasn't held on to the leather properly and started to peel off.

MHFoundation Quarters 02-21-2013 10:50 AM

Bought a couple headstall/rein sets awhile back for extras around the barn for lesson kids because they were too cheap to pass up. I got what I paid for. I ended up donating them to a local 4-H club to sell at their tack swap/sale.

I'm admittedly a rein snob though, for my own personal reins it's custom harness leather hand cuts from an amish maker. They have to have that al dente noodle feel, nothing worse than stiff reins.

countrylove 02-22-2013 01:19 PM

RBO: my leather is also stiff. I was hoping it would loosen up through usage. The silver looks cheap but they are removable conchos so I can replace them.

MHF: I too am a rein snob LoL I have my own set of cotton reins that only I use. I love cotton reins LoL leather is uncomfortable for my hands although I have felt some leather reins Id love to have but can't afford LoL
Posted via Mobile Device

copper 07-01-2014 11:09 PM

I just got an s hack thru ebay seller, of showman brand. suppose to be stainless steel. within 2 weeks now its rusting. JUNK.