The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Stories and Poems (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/)
-   -   wowww ; never thought of a bond this quick . (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-stories-poems/wowww-%3B-never-thought-bond-quick-15423/)

chelssss(: 10-01-2008 12:49 PM

wowww ; never thought of a bond this quick .

I had just recently, on August 9th adoopted my thorougbred Bayberry from a rescue. And the lady who i got him from said she had never seen him get along with someone as well as me; which to me means alot ;
but this past monday proved it . . .

we were cantering down the straight away in our arena and my friend was watching us, and he must have crossed his front feet and fell, i fell underneith him and instantly i was knocked out, THANKGOD i had a helmet on ; but my head broke my fall and i was laying there, i woke up about a minute later and the first thing i thought was Bay wrecked the saddle and bridle, and hes running somewhere in the ring, i woke up with his tounge licking my face and him nudging my shoulder ! :D i tried to stand up and i sat down on a chair and Bay was following me the whole time , and he was nudging me the whole time and rubbing me;

you would never beleive that horse and i had a bond like that, even after knowing eachother for not that long ;

! i just thought id like to share with everyone !
thankfully Bayberry is okay , i just have a sprained ankle and a fractured rib.

gotxhorses 10-07-2008 08:24 PM

That's so sweet of him! I love when horses are cute like that. Sounds like you two are going to make a great team. :D

chelssss(: 10-09-2008 02:33 PM

im glad we were both okay! Hes definitly a special horse to me; we've already gone through ALOT. i wish his owner who abused him could see how he is now. . . its a shame how people judge too quickly and throw soemthing away like that. :-|

free_sprtd 10-09-2008 02:54 PM

wow glad you're ok!! that's a scary situation, he could have trampled you! what a wonderful horse :) you should post a pic!

chelssss(: 10-09-2008 03:03 PM

i have a few good new pictures of him at home that i will load up in a little while !

gotxhorses 10-09-2008 03:07 PM

Okay! But yeah, its definately good that you're okay. Cause then there wouldn't be another Chelsea from the same state as me! :wink:

NorthernMama 10-09-2008 04:22 PM

That's awesome. Neither of my horses would do that for me. If I'm off, they're off too -- right for home! You must have given Bayberry a real sense of security very quickly. Congratulations.

chelssss(: 10-09-2008 05:20 PM

here is a picture from monday ; a week after the fall .
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/ssecret/trott.jpg

dont pay attention to me ha ha ; i dont look my best in this one lol
it was amazing that when i first met Bay, the rescue owner saw us riding and she told my dad he has NEVER EVERRRR EVER listened to anyone like he listened to me ever before . and i talk to him. I make him know that someone cares about him . thats all you gota do; just let them know .
and he knows ; so we trust eachother 110% !

&& gotxhorses: haha thanksss im glad im alright too ! there wouldnt be another chelsea in md ! (:

gotxhorses 10-09-2008 07:06 PM

That would be just awful! And he's so cute! :D

chelssss(: 10-09-2008 07:49 PM

thanks gotxhorses (:
hes a handsome fella ! (:

youre horsey looks like a delightful jumperrr !