The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Is she sick? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/she-sick-154330/)

Stichy 02-22-2013 03:13 AM

Is she sick?

I may be over reacting, but today we went to the barn and Selah (8 month old foal) was, laying down. We didn't think anything of it, just thought she was sleepy. Well, not very long after, she started making these weird noises. Honestly, it sounded like a chainsaw. She was laying down, her eyes were open but rolled back kinda, her mouth was wide open, and she had some diarea. All that laying flat on her side. We tried saying her name, snapping our fingers, nothing would get her to "snap out of it" Finally I jumped in the stall with her, and after a while she stood up and didn't make those sounds or anything again. I thought it was just a stomache ache...what do you think? I'm really worried about her, I mean I don't want to walk in the barn tomorrrow and find her dead :(

Caili 02-22-2013 07:31 AM

I have no idea what that might be but i give you my wishes for a positive outcome and to never give up
Sincerely Caili

poppy1356 02-22-2013 08:17 AM

Was it like she was dreaming? Did she have the diahreha while she was laying down making these noises? If so it sounds almost like a seizure and you should really get the vet out.

wetrain17 02-22-2013 08:40 AM

Keep an eye on her throughout the day to see if she is showing any signs of discomfort. I would take her temp to see if it's off. Its an easy piece of information to get that can tell you a lot.

Speed Racer 02-22-2013 09:38 AM

You certainly seem to have a lot of problems with your animals, Stichy. Did your mother ever take your dog to the vet?

xlionesss 02-22-2013 09:44 AM

Get vet out, it does sound like a seizure.

Stichy 02-22-2013 02:03 PM

She's not mine, Speed, she's a boarders horse, but we were the only people there. Yea, she was better by then though, just a check up.
A lot of people are sayign seizure...but wouldn't she be flailing around? I've never seen a horse have a seizure before, so I don't know.

texasgal 02-22-2013 02:10 PM

Did anyone call the owner?

Stichy 02-22-2013 02:19 PM

No, we don't have his number, but we are going to tell him today

texasgal 02-22-2013 02:21 PM

That's a dangerous situation .. to be responsible for someone's horse and no way to contact him.. eeeeeeeeeek!