The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Looking for: big jumper prospect gelding (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/looking-big-jumper-prospect-gelding-154347/)

EquiiEquestrian 02-22-2013 11:37 AM

Looking for: big jumper prospect gelding

Hello everyone!
I've been on a search for my new horse! I'm looking for a gelding, roughly 3 years old, that has jumping potential. Doesn't need to be started much, I can do the training. Looking for something that would mature to about 17+ hands. Would love to do hunter/jumpers in the future and I'm just looking for a youngster that I can train to take me far. Not looking to spend a lot, but the potential is a must. Please let me know if you have, or know of a horse that fits this criteria! Thank you!

gypsygirl 02-23-2013 10:22 AM

where are you from ? are you looking to do more hunters or jumpers ?

i know a really good breeder in North Dakota who usually has a bunch of youngsters that fit your description.

EquiiEquestrian 02-23-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsygirl (Post 1908270)
where are you from ? are you looking to do more hunters or jumpers ?

i know a really good breeder in North Dakota who usually has a bunch of youngsters that fit your description.

Hi there! Unfortunately I am from New York State, so it would be a little over a days drive! But I am looking to get something that I could show hunters, but the horse would be able to do heights.

gypsygirl 02-23-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EquiiEquestrian (Post 1908288)
Hi there! Unfortunately I am from New York State, so it would be a little over a days drive! But I am looking to get something that I could show hunters, but the horse would be able to do heights.

they would probably have a horse that fits your description, most of the horses they sell are very competitive in hunters. i know its far, but i know they have shipped to cali and virginia before. pm me if you want their info.

EquiiEquestrian 02-23-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsygirl (Post 1908293)
they would probably have a horse that fits your description, most of the horses they sell are very competitive in hunters. i know its far, but i know they have shipped to cali and virginia before. pm me if you want their info.

Do you know roughly how much it would cost to ship? And how much they sell the horses for?

gypsygirl 02-24-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EquiiEquestrian (Post 1908327)
Do you know roughly how much it would cost to ship? And how much they sell the horses for?

it cost me $600 to ship 11 hours, it depends on the hauler though. the breeder actually was able to set that up for me as she had other horses already on that trailer. from the ones i know, horses have been sold from $2,000-$10,000 as unbroke 1,2,3yos. i also know a trainer in MN that will buy some each year and train them to sell as 3yo for $20,000-$25,000.

i got my mare from there and she is a fab jumper ! we do eventing, but she could easily do hunters.

upnover 02-26-2013 12:54 AM

If you're capable of doing the training have you looked into any OTTB's? that might be your best bet if you aren't looking to spend a lot. I know some TBs that have turned out to be some very competitive hunters!