The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Myler bits??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/myler-bits-154432/)

LiveJumpLove 02-22-2013 11:39 PM

Myler bits???

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! Just was reading some info on myler bits and I read that they are really great and allow your horse to be able to swallow better and have less restrictions in the mouth as well as having a soft bit but keeping good contact with relaxation. I was thinking of buying one but want to make sure that they are good bits and are truly more effective and comfy as they are quite expensive. Also I want to know If Myler bits are legal in the hunter ring they are more dressage right? But do jumpers use them too? If not any other bit u would recommend that is like a myler. Do u think this bit I have shown is a good one?
Thanks!!

natisha 02-23-2013 05:25 AM

I love Myler bits. They come in a lot of styles so you'd have to find one your horse likes, as with any brand of bit.

The bit you posted is the kind I use. It doesn't collapse & most horses like it. With the shaped mouthpiece they should be adjusted down one hole from where you'd normally adjust them.
I believe dressage doesn't allow any copper inlay.

LiveJumpLove 02-23-2013 09:55 AM

Okay thanks!! Do u know if its legal in the hunter show ring?

Critter sitter 02-23-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveJumpLove (Post 1907984)
Hello everyone! Just was reading some info on myler bits and I read that they are really great and allow your horse to be able to swallow better and have less restrictions in the mouth as well as having a soft bit but keeping good contact with relaxation. I was thinking of buying one but want to make sure that they are good bits and are truly more effective and comfy as they are quite expensive. Also I want to know If Myler bits are legal in the hunter ring they are more dressage right? But do jumpers use them too? If not any other bit u would recommend that is like a myler. Do u think this bit I have shown is a good one?
Thanks!!

i have this bit and Cody loves it

Dustbunny 02-23-2013 01:28 PM

You might post this same question on an English Riding thread.

I also own this bit and have used it on a couple of horses. I love the Myler bits.

Golden Horse 02-23-2013 01:32 PM

Sorry can't help with the legality question, but I love Myler bits

Wish my horses did, stupid horses:twisted: