The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Jeffries Saddles information (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/jeffries-saddles-information-154480/)

Milking Moo Moos 02-23-2013 04:07 PM

Jeffries Saddles information

I am looking into buying a saddle and I am REALLY interested in buying a Jefrries saddle. I haven't decided on the model yet, I can't seem to find much information on these saddles at all. I rode in my friends flyover and fell in love! Are all jeffries saddles that comfy, or is it just the flyover? I know the flyover runs small, do ALL Jeffries saddles run small or is it just that one?
I wouldn't buy a flyover because I ride hunters, so I am looking a model suited for that.If you own, owned, ride in, or have ridden in a jeffries saddle I would love to hear what you think about it!
Thanks!

KarrotKreek 03-03-2013 11:22 PM

Jeffries is a well respected brand made in England on a Waslsall tree. Just not commonly imported to the US, it really is a shame more of these saddles aren't on this side of the pond. They are really quite lovely. I've got a Jeffries Falcon Hawk and its a very nice saddle, especially given the price point. Nice leather, solid workmanship. The seat fits fairly true to size. At "most" maybe it feels like a 1/2" smaller than it measures. But that's prob just because it isn't a really flat style of seat. The Falcon Hawk is an all purpose style. More traditional design than the Flyover, which is also a popular eventing saddle. It doesn't have a very forward flap compared to a single purpose jumper style saddle.

myhorseMia 03-13-2013 12:06 AM

I have owned my jeffries elite for about a year now and i have to tell you, i am absolutely in love. It is the most comfortable saddle i have ever sat in. The knee blocks keep my knees in perfect position, and it is just an overall wonderful, beautiful saddle. I got mine from a take trade here in California. I paid around $900 for mine, it was usually $1,600. I really am like in love with it ! :lol::-):D