The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from a French Canadian in the UK (Stockport) (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-french-canadian-uk-stockport-154548/)

JoanneUK 02-24-2013 12:52 PM

Hello from a French Canadian in the UK (Stockport)

Hello everybody, :D

I have been reading the post on this forum the last few months so decided to register today !

I am 44 year old and only started horse riding since October 2012 and I think I am progressing fairly well (as a mature rider !!).
I can walk, trot and canter. I have a English riding lesson every week (one hour) and have done a few treks.
I think my husband thinks I am a little bit obsessed with my new hobby.
I am originally from Canada (the French bit so my first language is French !) and moved to England in year 2000 to be with my British husband.
In April I am going (and my husband too..he is not a rider !) for a 3 days trek in South of Wales (with Free Rein) I can't wait !
And I have recently started looking at a horse to part loan.

LoveMyDrummerBoy 02-24-2013 12:54 PM

Welcome to the forum!!

PaintHorseMares 02-24-2013 03:35 PM

Welcome from the Paint mares in NC!
Posted via Mobile Device

Country Woman 02-24-2013 03:38 PM

Welcome Joanne so nice to meet you

You are more than welcome to check out the Over40 thread in the Horse Talk section
lots of mature horse lovers and owners there

Maple 02-24-2013 03:55 PM

146 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the forum! I'm nearly your neighbour, as I'm a Canadian living in Ireland with my Irish husband so I know the feeling of being away from the great white north :)

JoanneUK 02-24-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maple (Post 1909669)
Welcome to the forum! I'm nearly your neighbour, as I'm a Canadian living in Ireland with my Irish husband so I know the feeling of being away from the great white north :)

Thank you ! Have you been living in Ireland for a long time?
I am quite with the winter here (compared to my sister who is in Canada, she has taken a month of horse riding lessons because it's too cold !)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country Woman (Post 1909655)
Welcome Joanne so nice to meet you

You are more than welcome to check out the Over40 thread in the Horse Talk section
lots of mature horse lovers and owners there

Oh thanks for that, I did not even noticed the Over40 thread...will have a look !

Country Woman 02-24-2013 06:20 PM

Horse talk for mature people over 40 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) Country Woman

Here is the link

Northernstar 02-24-2013 06:23 PM

A hearty welcome to the forum from N Michigan!! :)

Maple 02-25-2013 07:01 AM

146 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoanneUK (Post 1909740)
Thank you ! Have you been living in Ireland for a long time?
I am quite with the winter here (compared to my sister who is in Canada, she has taken a month of horse riding lessons because it's too cold !)

!

I left 11 years ago tomorrow :shock: I left the day after my 19th birthday to come here for 3 months... and I've ended up married with a mortgage and two kiddies! Funny how life turns out isnt it? I'd still take the -40 and snow over the constant damp miserable rain :) How do you find the UK?

HorseLovinLady 02-26-2013 12:38 AM

Welcome!!