The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Roma or Horze boots? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/roma-horze-boots-154603/)

Black Beauty 94 02-24-2013 09:00 PM

Roma or Horze boots?

Which is a better brand? I am looking at the Roma Competitor or the Horze Set

Roma:
Buy the Roma Competitor Boots 4-Pack, front & hinds, affordable horse boots, best price, at Mary's
Horze:
Horze ProTec Horse Boot Set and Tendon and Fetlock Boot Sets | EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

Thanks!

NaeNae87 02-26-2013 09:43 PM

I have had the Roma ones for over a year. I like them, they fit well and are good value for money.

I have one set for everyday schooling and one set for competition. They have lasted really well and after being washed you can barely tell the difference (aside from the fact they are different colours) :)

Black Beauty 94 02-26-2013 11:13 PM

Great- thank you! Do you feel the boots are thick enough to protect well?
Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaeNae87 (Post 1913659)
I have had the Roma ones for over a year. I like them, they fit well and are good value for money.

I have one set for everyday schooling and one set for competition. They have lasted really well and after being washed you can barely tell the difference (aside from the fact they are different colours) :)

Posted via Mobile Device

NaeNae87 02-27-2013 12:04 AM

I have a TB who injured his suspensory when he raced and he is quite base narrow too. I use them on him when I am doing general flatwork as protection from knocks as they cover the injured area whereas brushing boots don't and have a rigid shell for extra protection.
Bo has whacked himself a few times quite well when he has spooked at something, the boots have got a scrape or two and you can see where his shoe has hit... There has been no damage done to his leg, so there seems to be enough padding.

Black Beauty 94 02-28-2013 06:24 PM

Great, thank you :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaeNae87 (Post 1913936)
I have a TB who injured his suspensory when he raced and he is quite base narrow too. I use them on him when I am doing general flatwork as protection from knocks as they cover the injured area whereas brushing boots don't and have a rigid shell for extra protection.
Bo has whacked himself a few times quite well when he has spooked at something, the boots have got a scrape or two and you can see where his shoe has hit... There has been no damage done to his leg, so there seems to be enough padding.