The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Kill pen horses! Foals included! (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/kill-pen-horses-foals-included-154621/)

Stichy 02-25-2013 12:12 AM

Kill pen horses! Foals included!

Help out these horses! We've rescued our mare (Raggedy Anne) now it's your turn ;) These horses were ALL exposed to TWO stallions, so you need to consider the fact that they may be pregnant! I really hate seeing all these foals and pregnant mares going to slaughter...Sooo, if you are in the Washington/Oregon area (heck, maybe even Idaho) and you are interested in rescuing a horse, heres your chance! Both stallions are still available (Or are now at least), but all horses/foals are mares! Here is the link to the sale page Auction Horses - New Courtesy Horses Also, I'd love to see how they come along once you get them, how they do and all that...not a necessity though :)

Stichy 02-25-2013 12:32 AM

Also, you need to get these horses BEFORE MARCH 3RD! That is when they will be shipped to slaughter! It's confirmed!

Bellasmom 02-25-2013 10:27 AM

I'm confused....went to the link and it is stated that these horses are NOT slaughter bound and will be adopted out unless deemed unsuitable by a vet due to injury. Stallions to be gelded prior to adoption. Had to read thru five pages to get that info & still not clear as to exactly WHAT is going on, but that part seemed pretty clear.

Speed Racer 02-25-2013 10:33 AM

The horses were surrendered by someone who could no longer care for them, and are now owned by the Washington State Livestock Coalition. Which means they're not in danger of being sent to slaughter, at least for the time being.

I can tell you there's no way in heck I'd pay those prices for what amount to scrawny, sick, pregnant, untrained, unregistered, grade horses. I don't have the facilities or desire to have a mare foal out on the property.

Stichy, you seem like a nice kid, but your family is already in over their heads with animals. The fact that your mother won't call the vet for your sick mare or take your sick dog to the vet, doesn't bode well for you adding another living creature to the mix. The term, 'from the frying pan into the fire' comes to mind.

Stichy 02-25-2013 10:39 AM

Yea but reading comments one of them says that they need to go before march 3rd?