The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raggedy Anne updates

48K views 448 replies 59 participants last post by  Stichy 
#1 ·
Updates for our dear Annie when we get her <33 We just rescued her from a kill pen, and she might be pregnant. We're going to see her tomorrow I'm so excited! Anyways, heres some pictures of her (also, she is 20 years old and EXTREMELY skinny, only looking chubby because she is pregnant...possibly) None of the pictures are mine! Just posting them to hold you guys over until I get her :P Also, looking for name suggestions for possible baby! I was thinking Annie's Little Angel it it's a filly..but I'm stuck on it for a colt...Aaanyyways...heres pictures! Honestly, the poor girl just looks sad to me...

Tell me what you think! Keep rude thoughts to yourselfs though!

See less See more
#3 ·
I think she is a super lucky to have you rescue her! She looks sweet. If it were me, I would have a vet come check her ASAP when you get her home to confirm if she's in foal and get her vaccinated up and checked over to ensure a healthy foaling. Thank you so much for rescuing her!

#4 ·
Thanks, CountryWoman and waresbear! Waresbear, I'll definatly talk to mom about that...And I'm pretty sure were bringing a stethescope with us (to hear babys heart...if she is pregnant). Rain rot is treatable right? Because she has it and I'm not sure if she'd be able to be rode or not... Ugh the poor baby! Just makes me sick wondering what they did to her to make her so freaked out about ropes and halters...And they said she has scars on her mouth from a bit...Poor baby :(

#10 ·
It looks like a vet visit and a good medicated bath, which will both clean her up and be a start on treating the rain rot and mud scald, are in order. Then lots of groceries and you'll have yourself a nice little horse or two! :)

Rain rot can be because of an infection or rain, but a poor diet and stress including pregnancy can definitely bring it on as well and make it tough for the horses to fight off. You want to get her clean and dry as quick as possible, and it might take weekly bathing with medicated shampoos (lots of different kinds, the easiest is to just mix iodine/providine into your shampoo of choice) to get started. Sometimes adding extra vitamin A can be helpful, but in her case, it's probably something you need to go over with the vet since I don't know if there are any effects on gestation or foaling.

#25 ·
Looking at the rump and shoulders and neck and not the belly, she doesn't look too terrible for an older girl. Poor condition absolutely, but not too bad. I have seen worse. She shouldn't be too hard to get back in order.

I love her color. I'd imagine sh is a bay leopard? I am glad you got her. That baby will be something.
Posted via Mobile Device

#26 ·
Yep! Man I find it hard to believe she's 20! I'm hoping she's pregnant...If she is I hope she has the baby with us so it doesn't have to live even a second in that place..She's still housed in the same fence with stallions! You would think they would seperate them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.