Why do we expect birthdays to be different?
When do we get to an age where birthdays are not expected to be a better than average day?
I've received a lot of "have a great day" texts/FB messages...
1) My car downright refused to start this morning. Major downer - our drive is along the side of our house and only space for one car between the house/fence. My car is now dead as as a dodo and we have to attempt to try and push it around the back to try and boost it.
2) My phone has decided today that it wants to start receiving texts from Saturday. Thanks phone, coulda done with those on Sat! It completely delayed the message the parent I had text to see if she would bring my daughter to school by over an hour so I only received it 2 min before she got here. Yet, the 500 texts and calls I've had from work have all come through without any issue at all!
3) Besides being stuck at home all day, we can't drink our water so I need to buy it bottled as husband is pretty useless and bringing back large bottles after work (he works for his dad). I've now had no water all day as used what I had left for the kids.
4) My mop broke. I have wooden floors throughout my house - I've resorted to the old fashioned sitting on the floor with a bucket of water and a cloth and scrubbed it clean.
5) my 20month old decided to take off his trousers, nappy and crap all over his bed... seriously!??!
6) Said 20mo decided to attempt to superman himself from the top of the stairs... I managed to catch him by a leg. I'm sure it was like something off Mr Bean to the family cat watching... but I aged about 10 years thanks to it!
*sigh* what else!?!
I think I would go back to bed & start over. Birthdays should not go like that. Hope something goes well for you today-Happy Birthday & hope tomorrow is better.
Lord... I'm sorry today turned out to be a mess for you..
I think all the media pressure/hallmark pressure/peer pressure to make birthdays super amazing... it gets to us when something doesn't go as planned.
No one even remembered my birthday and usually that doesn't bother me but this year it did..
Have a wonderful rest of your week!!! Celebrate you being able to handle what life tosses your way!!
thanks guys. It didnt get any worse.. but was still delighted to see my bed that night :)
Ah Sky I know the feeling, if it weren't for facebook I dont think I'd get any acknowledgement at all.... my birthday seems to come and go quite often without too much hype. Yay for having a 5 year old who loves birthdays so she's the one who makes me feel that little bit special :) My dad didnt as much as make an effort yet again this year to at least send a message.
A birthday is like any other day, we still have bills to pay and a house to clean... it's not like things come to a standstill so that you can just enjoy it thoroughly. Today the car is running (yay!) and i'm back from feeding and turning out my four legged babies and thats always a good start to the day :) Nothing like Bandit shoutin at me and kickin the door down (while i shout at him to stop) in the mornin to give me a boost.
Maybe it's something stemming from childhood... you know, for most of kids birthday is something very special; time to be celebrated and stay as centre of attention, have presents... something like the 2nd Christmas.
And, when we grow older, it just turns out to be a milestone of it that we gain years. Maybe a reason to celebrate a bit again if you like celebrating.
Happy belated bithday. Nice to hear that there weren't more accidents during that day.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.