The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Thorowgood T8 (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/thorowgood-t8-154683/)

NBEventer 02-25-2013 12:09 PM

Thorowgood T8

Wow I can't believe I am about to say this but... I am actually really interested in the Thorowgood T8. I despise synthetic english saddles but this one I really like. So any thoughts/opinions? I know as far as synthetic Thorowgoods are the way to go. The T8 has a leather seat adjustable gullet and the flocking can be adjusted so yea... i'm going to check it out today and it might be added to my short list. Thorowgood T8 GP Saddle

Speed Racer 02-25-2013 12:11 PM

As far as synthetics, Wintec and Thorowgood are the way to go. Nice looking saddle.

NBEventer 02-25-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1911107)
As far as synthetics, Wintec and Thorowgood are the way to go. Nice looking saddle.

Oddly enough its Wintecs that had me turned off for synthetic. I really don't like the look of the wintecs at all. We use them in our school and they are for a school saddle as they can take a beating. But I have yet to see a wintec that fits properly. It seems you are always having to add gel pads or half pads to get them to fit right.

The dressage world in my neck of the woods is in love with the Thorowgood dressage saddles but I wasn't digging them at all. However the T8 has me interested.

Speed Racer 02-25-2013 12:16 PM

I have a Wintec 2000 AP that I love. Fits my fat little Arab gelding very well, but I doubt it would fit my TB all that well. He has a Stubben. :wink:

NBEventer 02-25-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1911114)
I have a Wintec 2000 AP that I love. Fits my fat little Arab gelding very well, but I doubt it would fit my TB all that well. He has a Stubben. :wink:

I'm such a saddle fit snob lol. I can't think off the top of my head what series of wintecs we have but we only have 2 horses they fit right. The rest need half pads or gel pads.

Now as for that Stubben... i'll take that off your hands for you, I don't think it fits your TB right at all :wink:

Speed Racer 02-25-2013 12:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Nobody gets my preshusssss! :rofl:

NBEventer 02-25-2013 12:30 PM

*sneaks into your house when you're sleeping and ducks out with the saddle*

BWAHAHAHA!! Looks like it would fit my narrow little snot box rather well :twisted:

Speed Racer 02-25-2013 12:35 PM

Is it bad that I have tons of pictures of my Stubben but very few of the Wintec? LOL!

Actually NBE, that's a 31 cm tree, so probably wouldn't fit your narrow guy very well. JJ is a chunk!

waresbear 02-25-2013 12:35 PM

Hubby has a Wintec cair & you are right, he needs a riser pad with it. However I have a Flex Rider AP, all the features of the Wintec, minus the cair, same price but with a different gullet, fits his horse perfectly and gives the rider a good position. Since I am a leather "Purist", I really wanted a saddle exactly like my Flex Rider except in brown leather, finally found it with a Collegiate Senior, can't beat the smell of leather!
Posted via Mobile Device

NBEventer 02-25-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1911137)
Is it bad that I have tons of pictures of my Stubben but very few of the Wintec? LOL!

Actually NBE, that's a 31 cm tree, so probably wouldn't fit your narrow guy very well. JJ is a chunk!

Nasty Brat resents being called a gelding. She is a mare tyvm! And there is no hiding it either, one second around her and its a given. One of the most mareish mares I have ever known *sigh*