The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Nutrition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/)
-   -   Seminole Feeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/seminole-feeds-154690/)

toosexy4myspotz 02-25-2013 02:43 PM

Seminole Feeds

Im just curious about who uses or has used Seminole feeds in the past. I would like to see what others think of the feed and the ingredients. Im specifically looking at the Senior and the Show and Sport

SouthernTrails 02-25-2013 02:49 PM

We used Seminole Senior when it was available, the dealer in the area went out of business :-(

Our older Horses improved greatly and we were able to feed less than other brands with better results.

Seminole Premium Horse Feeds

toosexy4myspotz 02-25-2013 02:54 PM

Well thats a plus! I am going to be driving 2-3 hours to get it but if it works I dont care. Our 24 yo welsh mix isnt doing so great weight wise. He battles with a few things. Bad teeth being one and then ulcers being another. He has been ulcer free this winter but we also werent able to get as good quality hay as usually. He eats timothy/alfalfa cubes, beet pulp and rice bran but he seems to be acting like its getting old and not worth eating so he leaves alot.

SouthernTrails 02-25-2013 03:00 PM

Just to clarify we used the regular Seminole Senior Formula, the Seminole Wellness Senior Mix® had some weird smelling herbs in it that ours would not touch.

Textured Page
Seminole Premium Horse Feeds

Symptoms page
Seminole Wellness Premium Horse Feeds

Roadyy 02-26-2013 01:01 PM

I've been weaning my 12 yr old mare off of oats and onto the Seminole Senior and she loves it. She was/is about 150 lbs under weight when we got her at the beginning of this month and she has already started showing weight gain and improved spirit/ gleam in her posture.

toosexy4myspotz 02-26-2013 01:08 PM

Roughly how much it the senior? I wont have a phone till the end of this week to call. (ruined my old one :-() Im looking into the senior for our older guy and the show and sport for one of our other horses we are fixing to put back into training in april.

Roadyy 02-26-2013 01:11 PM

I pay $21.50 per 50# bag at the local feed store, but can get it a lot cheaper an hour up the road when I can get away to haul my feed barrels up there. They fill straight from a bin rather than out of bags.

toosexy4myspotz 02-26-2013 01:16 PM

I will have to look into having it filled by the barrels. How do you find out about that? Can I just call the manufacturing office??

toosexy4myspotz 02-26-2013 01:30 PM

Ultium is up to $28 a bag here but I quit feeding it once I started doing research about what is actually in feeds. Wheat middlings happens to be the very first ingredient on their list and cane molasses was fourth. I dislike molasses in feeds but if it is their I prefer it to be 10-11th on the list. I like to Beet pulp within the first two ingredients. I also like the fact that seminole has barley in their feeds. When I was able to buy barley we mixed barley, oats, beet pulp, and rice bran. Seminole has a very close formula to what I like to mix. So, hopefully I can get something worked out.

2SCHorses 02-26-2013 06:37 PM

I LOVED the Seminole Equalizer and so did my horses! Our dealer went under and now I only have options that don't include Seminole, but I thought it was the BEST Ration Balancer. My horses looked so good on it. I use Nutrena now instead, but I think it is overpriced. Seminole makes a good product at a reasonable price.