The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Good start to the week... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/good-start-week-154691/)

Tigo 02-25-2013 01:50 PM

Good start to the week...

It was supposed to be my first day back to class after reading week and I'm supposed to be in class right now actually. But I locked myself out of my car. Good plan.

I have an auto starter so I started it to let it run before I went to leave. When it was time to leave I went out, unlocked it and put the keys in the ignition. I went to start my mom's truck and remembered that I needed washer fluid, so I grabbed some of that. Then went back to my car, opened the door and popped the hood, put the washer fluid in. I went to open the door to leave and it's locked!! I don't even remember putting my hand near the lock button on the door!! And...my car only came with one set of keys. So, father dearest set out to open my car. An hour and some ripped weatherstripping and scratches we got into it. Thank goodness for a handy dad that's good with cars.

So, I missed my first class back and now have a scratched up car. I cannot believe I did that!! For the record: cars aren't as easy to break into as they make it seem in the movies! Lol

/endrant
Posted via Mobile Device

Foxhunter 02-25-2013 02:14 PM

I have a very temperamental car at the moment, it will suddenly decide to lock itself with or without the engine running!
I rarely ever take the keys out the ignition - who is going to try and steal a car with a GSD and two other dogs in it? Now I am in the habit of always removing the keys. Luckily I was able to break the plastic clip on the back sliding window to enter the first time it happened!

As for cars not being easy to break into - don't you believe it. A recent programme showed how easy it is by getting young car thieves to show how they do it. The longest it took was 3 minutes and that was without breaking anything.

Cacowgirl 02-25-2013 03:38 PM

Locks only keep the honest people out!

Tigo 02-26-2013 02:58 PM

Yeah, I suppose I shouldn't be so naive...if someone wants in bad enough they will find a way. I find it amazing that they can get into a car in under 3 minutes! I guess if you have the knowledge and the right tools it likely isn't very difficult at all (which, to me, is a scary thought).