The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Deer falling from the sky...now need a new windshield (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/deer-falling-sky-now-need-new-154693/)

Klassic Superstar 02-25-2013 02:01 PM

Deer falling from the sky...now need a new windshield

1 Attachment(s)
My poor mom was driving to work this morning when a deer flew out in front of her and smashing into her windsheild....left skid marks of where its body went from one side of the car to the other and into the woods.

I got a call a 730 am with my mom in hystrics poor gal:cry: I jumped out of bed and went and met her while she talked to the insurance people. Caught the next ferry with her and fallowed her to the Safelite Auto Glass Repair and let her have my car for the day since I was going to be in downtown anyways to get my hair done:wink:

I am so thankful she didnt see it coming because even though myslef and a family friend has explained many times that you DONT SWERVE FOR DEER EVER she would have swevered and gotten hurt.

Stretched tha saftey glass so much its partially sharreted on the inside dashboard.

Now my mom is very thankful I got my Liscnece and that she got me a good safe car so that I could help her out in times like this.

Only downside about this is I didnt get to ride Ollie this morning, oh well early tomorrow morning will do fine too!

Speed Racer 02-25-2013 02:03 PM

Good that there's minimal damage. Safelite is excellent for auto glass repair/replacement. What about the body damage to the car?

tinyliny 02-25-2013 02:04 PM

Yeah, she got lucky. People have been killed hitting deer.
She has a guardian angel, well two , counting yourself.

Klassic Superstar 02-25-2013 02:10 PM

Thanks guys :)
She was prolly going 45mph too, yikes
No body damage amazingly!
The guy behind her onws the burger shop in town and pulled over and helped and fallowed her back into town till I got there to help her. One reason I love living on a small island! I now need to go in and say thank you tomorrow on my way to work!

Im so thankful the deer didnt impact harder as Im pretty sure that would have caused the windsheild to cave in on her.
My poor mom, I got her a pastery to help her feel better lol

Speed Racer 02-25-2013 02:17 PM

You're a good daughter. Pastry helps every situation! LOL

Klassic Superstar 02-25-2013 02:27 PM

LOL RIGHT!? Sh egota huge cinamon roll!
She was talking about it and suddenly burst oh "Its like it dropped out of the sky! ON MY CAR!" I couldnt stop laughing!!!

horsecrazygirl 02-25-2013 08:44 PM

Glad your mom is ok! Seriously, sometimes it does feel like the deer fall right out of the sky. We have come close,to close for my liking.

BarrelRacer67 02-26-2013 07:47 AM

We recently had to replace our windshield because someone threw a rock at me while we were driving. Either that, or the rock came from the same place the deer came from. Thankfully it didn't shatter the window, just made it look like your mom's. But I'm glad your mom is ok and I hope she enjoyed that cinnamon roll! :)

WSArabians 02-26-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrelRacer67 (Post 1912649)
We recently had to replace our windshield because someone threw a rock at me while we were driving. Either that, or the rock came from the same place the deer came from. Thankfully it didn't shatter the window, just made it look like your mom's. But I'm glad your mom is ok and I hope she enjoyed that cinnamon roll! :)

:shock:
I would have pulled over and chased them down and....

Glad to hear your mom is okay, and there was no body damage to the car! That's quite the feat.

Sharpie 02-26-2013 01:10 PM

I had a great horned owl fly right in front of my car. Shattered the windshield so badly I could barely see to get home. I am glad your mom is safe- deer can do a whole lot more damage. Where I am from, they total cars regularly.