The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Your Corriente Barrel Saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/your-corriente-barrel-saddle-154765/)

AriatChick772 02-25-2013 11:15 PM

Your Corriente Barrel Saddle

Any of you run in one? How do you like it and do you have photos?

I ordered one to use while I save up, my choice of stingray seat wasn't in stock so I've got to wait a little longer, just want to see some!
Posted via Mobile Device

Phly 02-25-2013 11:26 PM

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/...ps973c0af4.jpg it's been posted to death, but...... Obviously not mine, but our daughters. We bought it custom for her. It's youth saddle with adult fenders. She's tall and thin.
Posted via Mobile Device

BarrelRacingLvr 02-25-2013 11:32 PM

Personally NOT a fan of them....the one I won threw my feet back when a horse would set up to turn. It would throw me forward and since my feet were already back I was stuck and couldn't get set back down. I couldn't get my feet forward no matter what I did with the stirrups. They are just to free swinging for my liking.

And friends of mine that Jr. Rodeo and have won them also hate them for that reason....they are trophy saddles and just that because they don't like how it throws their feet back and them forward.

Wanstrom Horses 02-25-2013 11:50 PM

^I second that, i think it has to do A lot with how they rest on a horse. I've gotten picky anymore with my barrel saddles. I love my Teskeys. Everything else kinda doesn't trick my trigger anymore..

AriatChick772 02-26-2013 01:05 AM

I actually just sold an Elite Custom, finest saddle I've ever sat on hands down but it was too big. Going to start saving, triple creek or double j hut I needed something to ride in asap!
Posted via Mobile Device

Phly 02-26-2013 01:15 AM

Everyone likes what they like. Our daughter loves hers. We have lent it out and nothing but praise. I'd be surprised if you don't like yours.
Posted via Mobile Device

AriatChick772 02-26-2013 01:27 AM

I've personally seen their kids saddles and they are very well made. Maybe it's like the pro riders, the trophy saddles are awful and their custom, semi-customs are excellent?
Posted via Mobile Device

cancrasherrn 03-01-2013 01:48 AM

LOVE my corriente! I use it for everything from trail riding to barrel racing, team penning, ranch sorting, rodeo drillteam and cutting. And mine is a trophy saddle. But again, to each his/her own. :-)

AriatChick772 03-01-2013 12:46 PM

Hands down the best customer service of any place I've dealt with!

My saddle was quoted to be done in a little over 90 days, I emailed Paige asking if it's still on schedule and she said they got their hands on some of the stingray I wanted and that out should ship out in two weeks!!

I emailed her back about how awesome they are and she said it finished ahead of schedule and will be shipping out today!

I'm so excited!
Posted via Mobile Device

ryster2000 03-04-2013 09:31 PM

I am not really a fan--my first two real saddles were of this brand. they were both heavier than my current saddle. I also experienced the stiff set-up for your feet. It always fit akwardly on my horse. I recently won a cactus saddle- we ordered it big so I can grow into it but I was so eager to get into a different brand I ride in it anyways.