The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hi from Down Under (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-down-under-154793/)

NaeNae87 02-26-2013 09:13 AM

Hi from Down Under

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, I just registered today so I figured my first post should probably be an intro.

I am 25 and I live on the west coast of Australia. I started riding late 2010 after losing my mum to breast cancer. I figured life is too short for regrets and I have always loved horses.
I am studying for a Diploma in Equine Bowen Therapy... Almost finished! Very excited.
I own 2 horses, but I will get to them in a sec. I love how there is always something to learn when riding, there is always someone better than you and you can always find something to challenge yourself.

Ok so, now onto my boys...

Meet GK (Gene Kelly) a 14yr old 14.3hh Andalusian x TB x Riding Pony
Attachment 130997
GK is my eventer. What he lacks in height, he certainly makes up for in personality. He is cheeky, excitable, amazingly honest and has no brakes (but we are working on that-that is a loooonnngggggg story!)... He is currently competing at EvA65 due to the above mentioned lack of brakes, hopefully we will move up to EvA80 by the middle of the year. We are training EvA80-EvA95 currently.

And last but not least Bo (Omdurman) a 9yr old 16.1hh OTTB by Desert Sun out of Theatre Talk.
Attachment 130998
Bo raced until he was 5 and a suspensory ligament injury ended his career. He sat in a paddock for 3 years and did nothing until a friend and I were offered him to work with the goal to sell him.... And then I fell in love and couldn't let him go. I paid my friend out for him and havent looked back. Due to his injury I am not willing to jump him, even though my vet has said he is 100% sound. I do not want to risk him having to be PTS because I pushed him too hard. Luckily Bo has decent movement and is pretty looking, so we are gonna get good at dressage and throw down in against all the warmbloods :D Bo is a sweet natured, beautiful man. I am fortunate to have both him and GK in my life.

amberly 02-26-2013 09:29 AM

beautiful horses!! I hope you can make yourself welcome here and learn a lot of hopefully useful information!! Welcome to the forum!

Country Woman 02-26-2013 01:03 PM

Welcome to the forum nice to meet you and you handsome horses

HorseLovinLady 02-26-2013 07:11 PM

Welcome aboard!! I'm sorry about your mother. Your boys are very handsome!

NaeNae87 02-26-2013 08:40 PM

Thanks everyone :)