The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Looking for reputable MFT trainer in Tx (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/looking-reputable-mft-trainer-tx-154857/)

lvmyhorses 02-26-2013 08:09 PM

Looking for reputable MFT trainer in Tx

1 Attachment(s)
Hi- I'm looking for a reputable Fox Trotter trainer in Texas hopefully sw of Ft Worth or DFW area. I'm new to this breed and looking for help with my MFT.
Please reply with contact info. Thank :-)

Bellasmom 02-27-2013 08:36 AM

What exactly is your issue? You might not need a breed specific trainer.

lvmyhorses 02-27-2013 01:28 PM

I don't the horse has an issue it's me really. This is my first gaited horse and I not sure if I'm riding her right or giving the right cues. I'm not sure of the rhythm of the walking gait. I don't want to mess her up since she is only 6. I know the head bobbing is what I'm looking for, but not sure how to keep her in that beat without pushing her into the trot. I know that's a no-no. I just need some reassurance that what I'm feeling is correct.

Bellasmom 02-27-2013 05:53 PM

There is a gaited horse forum called "gaited horse sense" that might be helpful to you. I know what you're going thru, I have a RMH (my first gaited horse) that does not gait well to begin with & my inexperience is certainly not helping her. Also have a MFT who naturally has a good head nodding, ear flopping foxtrot and will gait for anybody, no expertise required. It has been my experience that if the horse has a good natural gait, you are not going to screw it up overnight. We moved to AR from DFW a few years ago, i didn't know anyone who rode gaited horses in Tx....got up here and almost everyone I know rides a gaited horse. I was stuck riding drag on my pokey QH EVERY trail ride. Welcome to the gaited horse community!

churumbeque 02-27-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvmyhorses (Post 1913598)
Hi- I'm looking for a reputable Fox Trotter trainer in Texas hopefully sw of Ft Worth or DFW area. I'm new to this breed and looking for help with my MFT.
Please reply with contact info. Thank :-)

Kim Monte is near there. She is an excellent rider and also a judge. She was all gaited and now has moved away from that but she could help or reccomend someone who can. If you do a search she will come up.