The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (
-   -   Crackerjack?? (

Cant Biya Love 02-26-2013 10:55 PM

What does the term "crackerjack" mean when discussing bits?

FaceTheMusic 02-27-2013 07:23 AM


Originally Posted by Cant Biya Love (Post 1913803)
What does the term "crackerjack" mean when discussing bits?

I think you mean "nutcracker". It describes the action of the bit in the horse's mouth. The nutcracker action isn't a good thing, as most horses dislike the feeling. It can pinch the tongue or even hit the roof of the horse's mouth. This happens with single jointed snaffles and tom thumb bits. Any bit with a single joint in the center is capable of having a nutcracker action if used with rough hands. That is why a lot of horses and riders prefer a french link snaffle to a regular one.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0