The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   I know he's not a horse, but he was very special! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/i-know-hes-not-horse-but-154880/)

SaddleStrings 02-27-2013 12:00 AM

I know he's not a horse, but he was very special!

Today I lost my old goat, Romeo. He was 16 years old, pretty old in goat years. I have had him ever since he was a baby. I was just a small kid myself when I acquired Romeo. He was like a dog. He followed me around the yard, baa'd for me when I came home from work, even attempted to protect me from my boyfriend (he didn't really care for men, I think he thought of me as a girl goat). He was my first goat, the best goat a girl could ever ask for. I know I will never have another goat quite like him, he was truly a very special boy.

I will always remember his funny antics, his bizarre pickiness for foods, and his demanding ways to get your attention. I will remember taking him for walks down the street (boy did I get some weird stares!) All the times he would escape his pen and chase my mom back into the house, he just wanted to say hello! He even came in the house once, lol! Talk about having a bull in a china closet!

Romeo never once was sick. Even in his old age, he had a lot of spunk. This last month he started to really slow down. Last winter, I notice him being a little stiff. So this winter I started him on a joint supplement to help keep him comfortable. I even bought him a new house to live in, a gently used calf house. I knew, when he started to slow down a lot, that his time was getting closer. It hurt me to see him not his usual self. He started to not want to eat. I couldn't even get him to finish his bucket of warm beet pulp. It was simply just his time. I found him this evening curled up in his calf hutch, he looked like he went very peacefully in his sleep. Rest in peace, Romeo. May the pastures of heaven truly be greener. Till we meet again old buddy.

This isn't the best picture, it was taken just this last fall.
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...8360674fef.jpg

Skyseternalangel 02-27-2013 12:01 AM

May this brilliant goat rest in peace <3

Phly 02-27-2013 12:03 AM

Sorry for your loss.
Posted via Mobile Device

ApolloRider 02-27-2013 12:22 AM

Sorry for you loss. <3

SaddleStrings 02-27-2013 12:26 AM

Thank you. I can't believe he is gone. It feels like I have had him forever, I guess half my life would feel that way.

loveduffy 02-27-2013 12:27 AM

sorry for you lose I also had a goat and I will alway remember him. Let the tears flow it is your way of showing everybody that you care for him :(

michaelvanessa 02-27-2013 04:10 PM

rip romeo

im sorry to here you lost your frend who had ment a lot to you.
i lost my 2 sheep dew to old age 1 was called rambo and the other larry i had him from a lamb.
and like you i use to take them for walks and i also had coats made for them as well.
i use to let them off the leash as well over the park and call them and thay came straight back.
thay were the best pets i have ever had and i wish i could chat to you and tell you a lot of storys and share the good times what we had and listen to the good times you had with romeo.
like you thay were about 16 -17 years old i miss them dearley.
thank you for shareing a peace of romeos life with us he sounds like he was an awesome goat all i can say in this sad time is that he will all ways be loved never forgoten and will be missed.

Taffy Clayton 02-27-2013 04:29 PM

So sorry, He looked like a good goat!!