The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Hunter Jumper converted to Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/hunter-jumper-converted-eventing-154888/)

Horatio 02-27-2013 12:02 AM

Hunter Jumper converted to Eventing

Hey, I used to hunter jump, and began eventing (let's face it, it's a BLAST!). Conveniently, as I like to say, I broke my leg soon after, and that gave me a fresh start back into Eventing... What do you think? Not looking for anything to be judged in particular, anything you have to say I'm willing to hear!

small course

LostDragonflyWings 02-27-2013 12:24 AM

Hmm. No critique from me other than your arms/hands look a little... not stiff... but odd. Perhaps bring your arms in a tad bit closer and keep your hands a little closer as well.

Otherwise, very good job! I like your leg, your seat, your release, and your horse!

Oxer 03-02-2013 10:42 AM

is the horse yours? i really do like the horse. Very nice. You have one of the most quietest canter seats i've seen in a long time. It looks like you might even be sitting in a full 3 point at the canter, however; it doesn't look heavy or pushy. I don't think i've ridden in an indoor arena in about 20 years. The arena doesn't afford you much room, but you get the job done and manage to make it look pretty nice too!

Cherrij 03-03-2013 10:37 AM

That looks good, you are sitting fine and your hands, even though I agree that they look a bit odd, look soft and helping, not disturbing the horse at all.
You jump well, but the horse needs to learn to count his paces, a few times he took off a bit too early..
the hint is, from what I learnt from my trainer, the kick off point should be the same distance from the jump as the height of the jump is. Eg, if you jump 3 feet, you kick off 3 ft before the jump. With the wider obstacles its slightly different I heard, but its ok :) keep at it and stay safe :)
Its always a pleasure to see riders with helmets, looking where they are going, using the small space they have to their best abilities, sitting well and not confusing or disturbing the horse :)
All the best wishes :)