The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Does it never end?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/does-never-end-154932/)

faye 02-27-2013 03:40 PM

Does it never end??

I called the vet out last week as i suspected Jeff had Ringworm (though god only knows where he got it from).
Vet decided no, just a case of dermatitis, treat with soothing creams and it will be fine.

Today I get to the yard to find Reeco with lesions as well! Am absolutly fuming at the vet.
Jeff had 3 circular patches of hair missing, the patches were not scabby but in general he is quite scabby and itchy. To me the 3 perfectly circular patches screamed ring worm to me.
Now Reeco has 3 raied patches where the hair has dropped out. No scabby bits and not itchy.

Am going to call the vet in the morning and demand that they come out and do skin swabs and no I wont be paying for it! Reeco was supposed to be going to a show this weekend, he certainly cant go now!!

Misty'sGirl 02-28-2013 02:39 AM

Sounds like textbook ringworm to me.

BarrelracingArabian 02-28-2013 10:29 AM

Yupp sounds like it too me too. I remember when i had ringworm from helping at a cat rescue. It was horrible.

nvr2many 02-28-2013 10:37 AM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHh someone is in trouble!!!.................. Sorry to hear this. Hope they get better soon.

Janna 02-28-2013 12:00 PM

Mine had it not long ago. This human ringworm cream worked awesome.
Cleared it up fast and none of th others got it

Canteringleap 03-01-2013 03:01 AM

I'm dealing with exactly the same thing!
My horse has got a badly infected leg + skin condition, was getting ontop of that, arrived tonight to find he'd been bucking in his yard and he'd kicked both of his legs! They're going to look like stumps tomorrow.
Just think though, if you're getting all your badluck right now it means you're getting it over and done with, you're in for some goodluck soon ;)

faye 03-01-2013 03:18 AM

this pony has had more than his share of bad luck. he spent most of last year locked in a stable with a fractured pelvis
Posted via Mobile Device