The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Thoroughbred - how does her pedigree look? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/thoroughbred-how-does-her-pedigree-look-154951/)

BeachinIt 02-27-2013 08:42 PM

Thoroughbred - how does her pedigree look?

Hey there! I know basically nothing about TB lines. Could someone that does take a look at my mare's and let me know what you think? The only ones I recognize are Bold Ruler and Count Fleet :) I've been trying to learn what the DI and DP numbers mean, but I just got more confused :-P I DO love her and her parents' names, though :D

Dont Explain Horse Pedigree

Ashsunnyeventer 02-27-2013 09:14 PM

I don't know too much about TB lines either, but I dont recognize any of the horses on there... But she raced 43 times! That's a lot! I'm interested to see what others say, and If any one knows anything about my mares lines and/or numbers...

Sunny Smiles Horse Pedigree

BeachinIt 02-27-2013 09:27 PM

Oh no...I just noticed something. I thought M meant mare. Does it mean male? Because if so then I've been looking at the wrong pedigree for three years! Ahh I hope her tattoo is still semi-readable!

BeachinIt 02-27-2013 09:29 PM

Phew. Okay never mind, after looking at other dams, it definitely doesn't mean male!

BeachinIt 02-27-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashsunnyeventer (Post 1915186)
I don't know too much about TB lines either, but I dont recognize any of the horses on there... But she raced 43 times! That's a lot! I'm interested to see what others say, and If any one knows anything about my mares lines and/or numbers...

Sunny Smiles Horse Pedigree

I know, it does seem high! Luckily she's very sound :-)

Ashsunnyeventer 02-27-2013 09:59 PM

I'm glad she's sound. I have a gelding who raced 3 times and is having joint problems. I also have a perfectly sound mare who raced 14 times. I guess it's all about luck.

BeachinIt 02-27-2013 10:16 PM

Eek, now 43 sounds crazy high. I'm in the process of trying to figure out when she got off the track and where she went from there. I hope I'm able to find something out.

Spotted 02-27-2013 10:23 PM

Bold Ruler is her great grand sire. He was Secretariets Sire.
Try googling each name , I'm sure you could find alot more info that way :)

Sis 03-07-2013 12:18 PM

Her pedigree isn't exactly outstanding, but really not bad either. Her sire made over $800,000, and is also the sire of Yes It's True, who is a famous G1 stakes winner and is now a successful sire himself. One of her great-grandsires on her sire's side (Bold Ruler) is one of the most well-known and influential sires of the Thoroughbred breed, and is mostly known for being Triple Crown winner Secretariat's sire. One of her great-grandsires on her dam's side (Pleasant Colony) was Eclipse Champion as a 3yo, and was a champion sire. He earned almost $1 million during his racing career. Both of her grandsires were decent racehorses.
I kind of like her pedigree! :)
Hope this helped! :D

Country Woman 03-07-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachinIt (Post 1915146)
Hey there! I know basically nothing about TB lines. Could someone that does take a look at my mare's and let me know what you think? The only ones I recognize are Bold Ruler and Count Fleet :) I've been trying to learn what the DI and DP numbers mean, but I just got more confused :-P I DO love her and her parents' names, though :D

Dont Explain Horse Pedigree

I recognize Bold Ruler he was Secertariet\ sire