The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   Gold and Silver Halter?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/gold-silver-halter-155022/)

gamingirl22 02-28-2013 02:14 PM

Gold and Silver Halter??

Is it okay if my horse has a silver and gold show halter, but I don't have any gold on my clothes??

gamingirl22 02-28-2013 02:22 PM

Also is it okay if I show in black jeans, black boots and gloves, but my horse has a dark oil halter and lead? Is that okay? Or will the judge frown upon that?

DraftyAiresMum 02-28-2013 02:49 PM

Since halter is more about the horse, I would think you'd want to be as unobtrusive as possible. I highly doubt you'll get docked if your outfit doesn't match your tack.
Posted via Mobile Device

FaceTheMusic 03-01-2013 12:26 PM

Your outfit should not match your show halter. How weird would it be for people to have light oil or dark oil colored show clothes? hehe So you're fine there. About the halter being silver and gold, I assume that you mean the silver bars have a gold design of some sort? That is fine too. There are a lot of show halters out there with gold or colored crystals on them. From the sound of it, you have nothing to worry about. Although, for a typical stock type (AQHA, APHA, ect.) halter class you wouldn't wear gloves. And don't forget to wear a hat!

Saddlebag 03-01-2013 07:12 PM

Keep your personal colors more muted and perhaps chose something that complements the horse's color. First impression goes a long way with the judge so don't crowd the horse in front and smile at the judge out of courtesy. Be sure you and your horse are polished to the nines. I know it's a halter class but it's nice to have the judge think favorably of your appearance.

kaylin13stewart 03-02-2013 06:09 PM

its not bad that your halter has gold and silver on it. As for the clothing black pants and boots is fine however; the gloves are exremely out of style and I recomend that you dont wear them.

gamingirl22 03-04-2013 01:42 PM

So its okay if I have a chestnut halter and a dark oil lead, right?

amberly 03-04-2013 02:00 PM

if you can, try and have the halter and lead match. But I don't think it's anything serious if they don't.

gamingirl22 03-10-2013 12:10 PM

Okay thank you, I was just wondering if I would be deducted points or something if the halter and lead rope didn't match, but I guess it's not such a big deal. Thanks!