The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Papering MFT mare blue papered (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/papering-mft-mare-blue-papered-155044/)

cowgirl928 02-28-2013 05:46 PM

Papering MFT mare blue papered

So here's the gist of the question: my mare is purebred MFT far enough back to be blue papered, what is a process I may have to undergo to complete this? Do you guys think it would make any difference in having her blue papered? Or would it up her value at all? Just curious

Saddlebag 03-01-2013 08:49 AM

Would you please explain the term blue papered to the bunch of us who are ignorant of the topic? Thanks.

Guilherme 03-01-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl928 (Post 1916712)
So here's the gist of the question: my mare is purebred MFT far enough back to be blue papered, what is a process I may have to undergo to complete this? Do you guys think it would make any difference in having her blue papered? Or would it up her value at all? Just curious

The short answer on value is "maybe."

A person looking for brood stock will pay more attention than somebody looking for a good saddle horse. Their needs are different, their value scales different, and the amount they'd pay will be different.

Sorry I can't give a more "concrete" answer.

G.

cowgirl928 03-01-2013 12:04 PM

nope that is the kind of answer I was looking for, thank you!

Guilherme 03-01-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl928 (Post 1917824)
nope that is the kind of answer I was looking for, thank you!

You're welcome!!!

G.

Tonipony 03-01-2013 03:01 PM

Do you already have her papers? She would automatically be issued blue papers if she qualifies. If you have any registry questions, you can call the Association and they would be more then happy to help you. A nice group of ladies work in the office. 41-683-2468

cowgirl928 03-01-2013 04:14 PM

Yeah I do have her papers-they are in a safe though at my parents house haha so I don't have instant access to them. The man that owned her before me knew basically zilch about her even though he's the one that bred her. However I was looking at her papers before I put them in the safe and I realized that according to them, her previous generations were all purebred I believe 3 or 4 generations back. This is why I am so curious about it! I might have to go dig out her papers just to check again.

Tonipony 03-03-2013 08:51 AM

There are brown papers, blue papers and gold papers. All the papers have a border around them and the color of the border indicates how they are registered.

cowgirl928 03-03-2013 09:50 PM

I will check! I didn't know that about the papers haha hopefully I'll get over there tomorrow so I can check them out. Learning so much :)