The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   anybody in 4H? (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/anybody-4h-155057/)

Sevastion27 02-28-2013 08:23 PM

anybody in 4H?

I've been thinking about joining the 4H horse club....I've been thinking about it so long that I would only be able to do it for a year....but my main issue is my weight. It seems that only thin people are in it and I don't want to be a complete misfit with no friends and also I don't want to have anyone picking on me because of my weight and how I ride...any advice?
Posted via Mobile Device

reigninseattle 03-01-2013 07:45 PM

Do it! I only got to do 4-H for 2 years but I was so glad I joined! It was so much fun and I learned a lot. My group was great and when we went to county fair everyone there was nothing but nice. There were other people my size and no one gave me a second look. 4-H is about having fun, learning, and making friends! Of course, this was just my experience, every group is different, but I definitely recommend you find a good group and try it. If you don't like it you can always quit, but the cut-off date for signing up is coming up. I say go for it! :D

Sevastion27 03-01-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reigninseattle (Post 1918444)
Do it! I only got to do 4-H for 2 years but I was so glad I joined! It was so much fun and I learned a lot. My group was great and when we went to county fair everyone there was nothing but nice. There were other people my size and no one gave me a second look. 4-H is about having fun, learning, and making friends! Of course, this was just my experience, every group is different, but I definitely recommend you find a good group and try it. If you don't like it you can always quit, but the cut-off date for signing up is coming up. I say go for it! :D

Thanks for the reply...I think I'll sign up and hope for the best! ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

reigninseattle 03-02-2013 02:20 PM

Awesome! I'm sure it'll be great :)