The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Meet Ozwald and Pascal. (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/meet-ozwald-pascal-155071/)

rexing93 02-28-2013 10:53 PM

Meet Ozwald and Pascal.

1 Attachment(s)
Some people grow up to be crazy cat people or even a dog hoarder, but I...I'm fish obsessed(;

In my defense, I'm merely addicted to Betta Fish. XD

I'll show my current two Bettas, Ozwald Gibson Radnor and Pascal (still coming up with Pascal's middle and last name).

Ozwald is an Elephant Ear Halfmoon Plakat that I purchased from Petco on Feb. 1, 2013. If you're unfamiliar with Bettas, the reason he's an Elephan Ear is because he has two extremely large pectoral fins.

Pascal is my newest addition as he was purchased tonight from my Wal-Mart. He's a Cambodian Crowntail. *Note: Pascal's tank is bare, however that's only for a night or two until I'm aware that he's eating and is entirely healthy. After he's recieved a 'clean bill of health', I will add in his gravel and decor.

Without further-ado, meet me boys!

Ozwald:
Attachment 131300

rexing93 02-28-2013 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, my iPad is allowing only 1 picture per post -.-
Here's a picture of Ozwald's over-sized Pectoral fins.
Attachment 131301

rexing93 02-28-2013 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And last but not least, Pascal!
Attachment 131302

DraftyAiresMum 02-28-2013 10:57 PM

Very nice.

At one point a few years ago, I had twelve tanks running. All but four of them were beta tanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

rexing93 02-28-2013 11:00 PM

Thank you!
I came home from a year at a University and had 4 Bettas. o.o They're addictive little things(: Sadly I had to re-home them due to having to temporarily moving into an hotel while the new house was under construction and there was a "No pets of any kind" rule. So now, time to restart my Betta clan ^-^

DraftyAiresMum 02-28-2013 11:12 PM

We're getting ready to set up a 75gal tropical tank. Will be the biggest I've done (my last one was a 55gal). One day I'd love a 200+gal.
Posted via Mobile Device

rexing93 02-28-2013 11:16 PM

I haven't got a tank of that size...yet. XD
But I do hope your tank works out for you! What kind of fish are you going to have in there?

My personal goals, when it comes to fish, would be a single saltwater tank (still unsure of the size) and a potential Betta Fish breeding operation. Of course I'm not expecting either any time too soon as I'd prefer to finish out college before that, so for now I'll just have a couple companion Bettas ^-^

DraftyAiresMum 02-28-2013 11:22 PM

In the 75 we're going to have a pair of angelfish, a pair of Bolivian rams, a pair of bristlenose plecos, a featherfin catfish, a school of cory cats, and a couple schools of tetras of some sort.

When I had my twelve tanks, I had a 28gal bowfront reef. Started out as a FOWLR, but I got a GSP frag and added it, then it almost took over my live rock.
Posted via Mobile Device

rexing93 03-01-2013 06:08 PM

Oh, it sounds like its going to very gorgeous!(: Hope everything works out for you!

countryryder 03-03-2013 04:45 PM

Oh,they're so pretty,I mean,handsome! Love the Bettas..