The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Now to look for me a horse... may of found it (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/now-look-me-horse-may-found-155136/)

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 03-01-2013 04:09 PM

Now to look for me a horse... may of found it

Ok, so I bought a mare for the daughter that is 9 to do 4h with. It is time to find me a horse. I am looking for something about like I would want for my kids because they will be riding it too. I put an add in on craigslist asking for a horse these are the things I said, prefer a gelding, but will take a laid back mare. around 15hh. older than 10 please. That was about a month and a half ago. This guy calls me today saying he has the perfect horse. She is 4 years old (what do you all think on age?) between 15-16hh. Here is the thing she is a TWH. I know most of them walk really fast. So What do you all think? Go look at her? Also he said "she is rare" White, no black underlay its all pink skin, with two blue eyes. Please let me know what you all think.

Spotted 03-01-2013 04:16 PM

Is she gaited ?

Has she been around kids?

does the sun bother her eyes or does she get burned easily ?
Just some questions you might want ask :)

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 03-01-2013 04:31 PM

He said that his 8 year old daughter rides her. She is Champagne isn't she?? She is offered to me for $300.00

kenda 03-01-2013 04:37 PM

She is more likely cremello/perlino/smoky cream. Be careful, at 4 years old and $300, I doubt very much that she's had the training and miles you're looking for in a kid-friendly/beginner horse. If you go out and like her I would definitely ask about trying her a couple of times or doing a trial on her, and get a pre purchase exam from your own vet, not the sellers.

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 03-01-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyMoMoF3CuTiEs (Post 1918129)
He said that his 8 year old daughter rides her. She is Champagne isn't she?? She is offered to me for $300.00

I ment Cremello*

Ray MacDonald 03-01-2013 04:49 PM

Four does sound very young... I really don't believe a horse can be fully kid/begginner friendly until they are atleast 6 but more likely 8-10.

Just be careful.

SlideStop 03-01-2013 05:33 PM

If it walks like a duck and talks like a a duck.... Well its probably a duck!

If she is so "rare" and child friendly why the rock bottom price of $300?

Also if your kids are looking to learn to ride I wouldn't get a TWH, I'd get a w/t/c horse. They are literally like riding a couch, so if you want to just cruise the trails their awesome. If your kids are going to want to jump or do barrels I'd get them a normal horse so they can start figuring out their balance.
Posted via Mobile Device

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 03-01-2013 05:34 PM

I like older than 10. She is really pretty under the mud! Ill post a pic when I get home.
Posted via Mobile Device

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 03-01-2013 05:35 PM

She's never been trailered either! So, no she's not for me. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 03-01-2013 06:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So, this mare is 4 years old, 8 year old rider. She has never been in a trailer. And if you feed her corn she acts like a kid rushed up on sugar he says. And she does good with her feet and shes never been on a trail just around the house. Wished there was a handbook that you could go down the line and ask crazy questions about horses before you go look. And he changed the price on her, $400 for 3 leather saddles and her. But, he likes to trade so make him an offer.