The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   weight loss...who else? (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/weight-loss-who-else-155207/)

Sevastion27 03-02-2013 02:45 PM

weight loss...who else?

So I'm sick of all this extra weight and am starting a diet.... I'm gonna do a form of the special K diet...I intend to do it till I weigh in at about 140....anybody else wanna do it with me to keep each other motivated?
Posted via Mobile Device

reigninseattle 03-02-2013 03:25 PM

Are you looking for other people on the Special K diet or just people trying to lose weight?

Sevastion27 03-02-2013 03:28 PM

I was just thinking maybe a bunch of people could start a diet together...
Posted via Mobile Device

reigninseattle 03-02-2013 04:16 PM

Sounds good to me :) I've been doing Weight Watchers (online) for almost 2 weeks (I weigh-in every Sunday). My ultimate goal is 180, but that's a long way off lol, so for now my goal is to lose 10 lbs. :)

Tracer 03-03-2013 11:19 PM

I'm currently doing an unofficial personal diet - just exercise and trying to change what I eat. So far it's not doing much weight wise, but I've gained a heckload of muscle.

QuietHeartHorses 03-04-2013 02:02 AM

I have been dieting for 3 months now (New Years resolution) and I've done pretty well so far, I'm down almost 30 pounds. I have several more to go and I would love to be a part of a weigh loss pact. We could motivate and inspire each other, share tips, recipes, or anything else diet related. We could start a new thread with a catchy title and check in every day or something. Just throwing ideas out there! :wink: What all did you have in mind?

I would totally be willing to take this on, too... but I'll leave that up to you, don't want to step on anyone's toes here! I just want to get started!

reigninseattle 03-04-2013 04:15 AM

Wow, congrats on the 30 lbs.! That's not easy to do! As of today I am down 7 lbs. A long way off from where I want to be, but I think it's a pretty good start :)

Sevastion27 03-04-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietHeartHorses (Post 1921617)
I have been dieting for 3 months now (New Years resolution) and I've done pretty well so far, I'm down almost 30 pounds. I have several more to go and I would love to be a part of a weigh loss pact. We could motivate and inspire each other, share tips, recipes, or anything else diet related. We could start a new thread with a catchy title and check in every day or something. Just throwing ideas out there! :wink: What all did you have in mind?

I would totally be willing to take this on, too... but I'll leave that up to you, don't want to step on anyone's toes here! I just want to get started!

I like your ideas on the new thread...what could we call it? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

ladygodiva1228 03-04-2013 09:48 AM

Throw my name to the list. It was shameful when I stepped on the scale this morning. My goal weight is 175 which is what I was in HS. I have close to 100lbs to lose, but my first goal is 25lbs by July 4th.

On a side note my daughter was given an igallop and she gave it to me. The walk and trot mode are similar to a gaited horse, but the gallop was more like my old gelding super fast choppy trot when he didn't want to transition to a canter. LOL Yes my thighs and butt are a bit sore this morning.

SlideStop 03-04-2013 09:54 AM

I'm on the wagon! Just started weight watchers Friday. My first goal is 228 from 240, 5% of my body weight.
Posted via Mobile Device