The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Chiropractor- Sore no more stuff (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/chiropractor-sore-no-more-stuff-155270/)

RunningJumpingHorses 03-03-2013 01:46 AM

Chiropractor- Sore no more stuff

So my horse was taken to see a chiropractor today because I could tell she was hurting in her back one day at a show. Apparently it didn't start hurting just that one day but her neck, and shoulders had been out a whack for a while now and her back and hips were also out just not so bad. I feel like a horrible parent like one whose kid broke their arm right in front of their parent. So I'm trying to make the muscles not so sore from everything being readjusted. Ky (my horse) has two days stall rest (first night with bute) a day off in pasture then light work for a week. I was wondering if anyone knew of good sore no more stuff. I've been using absorbine spray with rubber curry to kind of massage it in there. Any other ideas?? Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

SlideStop 03-03-2013 01:52 AM

Not sure what your asking, but I use it a lot. I always just rub it into the hair with my finger tips. I like the stuff, I even use it in myself! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

RunningJumpingHorses 03-03-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlideStop (Post 1920178)
Not sure what your asking, but I use it a lot. I always just rub it into the hair with my finger tips. I like the stuff, I even use it in myself! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha I use absorbing on me too. But I was asking if there were other products like absorbing that work just as well
If not better for a horses sore muscles.
Posted via Mobile Device

walkinthewalk 03-03-2013 07:52 AM

I like Sore-No-More and, for what you want it for, it should work just fine.

I don't like the liquid for serious leg injuries but their clay poultice is excellent for something like that.

Sore-No-More is all natural; you could try a bottle and see how it works - at least you won't have to scrub the skin off your hands to get the Absorbine smell off them:-)

I will say that I read on another forum of a person that wouldn't use it on her horse because SHE was allergic to Arnica.

Arnica is the principle property in Sore-No-More. If you do use it, either use rubber gloves or do a patch test on yourself to make sure you don't have a reaction:-)