The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Driving test! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/driving-test-155283/)

howrsegirl123 03-03-2013 11:10 AM

Driving test!

I'm taking my driving test Wednesday *and I'm already nervous! I'm a good driver but I'm afraid I'll mess up or do something stupid. What should I expect? Is it hard?*
Posted via Mobile Device

GamingGrrl 03-03-2013 11:25 AM

I think the most challenging thing is being in the car with a stranger who's just there to judge you. :lol: remember to breathe, fully stop at stop signs, and if you don't pass part of it, it's not the end of the world. The hardest part for me was parallel parking.
Posted via Mobile Device

VanillaBean 03-03-2013 02:04 PM

Good luck!! I'm taking mine, soon to and I'm freaked out..

jumanji321 03-03-2013 07:37 PM

Just relax, it's really not difficult at all. Make sure you shoulder check, scan constantly, use your mirrors and don't go too slow or fast.

GreyRay 03-03-2013 07:52 PM

I just did mine 2 weeks ago, I honestly thought they were going to be more picky. I passed no problem. Its only like 5 minutes of driving tops, don't worry too much.

callidorre 03-04-2013 10:51 PM

Try not to stress out too much. Be obvious in looking around for traffic at stop signs and such. Make sure you look both ways if you go over railroad tracks.

Locally here, the same license tester people work at a few different locations. So, you won't really get away from them if you go to a different location if you happen to fail and decide you don't like the testers there. You might like the test itself better at a different location though.

I'll tell you about my license test experiences. I failed twice back when I was 16. First time was because I didn't turn my wipers on when there was a few drops of rain on the windshield. The second time was because I didn't put my emergency brake on (drove a manual all 3 times) when I parallel parked. I just left the car in gear with my feet on the brake and clutch thinking that we'd be moving on. I know I did the same exact thing at my first test, but that guy never even mentioned it/it was never an issue. Third time, I went to a different location, made sure my car was in neutral with the emergency brake on for parallel parking, drove a much shorter quieter test than the other location, and passed no problem. I know I had the same guy that third time as either my first or second test, I'm not sure which one. I think I went 3 weeks in a row to do my test-whatever the minimum time allowed to retest was.

And now I'm sad because 16 yrs old is now a third of my life ago (I'm 24 now). At least I'll finally get that big insurance drop next year for turning 25. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Canterklutz 03-04-2013 11:45 PM

I failed parallel parking, backing around a corner, and almost hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk when I panicked and accidentally hit the accelerator. I still passed.

You'll do fine. :-)

jumanji321 03-05-2013 01:08 AM

Haha, I didn't have to do any backing up in my test. I also almost t-boned a car and still passed.

wetrain17 03-05-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canterklutz (Post 1922949)
I failed parallel parking, backing around a corner, and almost hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk when I panicked and accidentally hit the accelerator. I still passed.

You'll do fine. :-)

Oh boy. Hope you have full coverage.