The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Im so clumsy... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/im-so-clumsy-155287/)

countrylove 03-03-2013 10:53 AM

Im so clumsy...

On Friday night I tripped walking up my porch stairs (solid cement stairs) and tore a ligament in my knee :( Now I'm in a full knee immobilizer. Luckily not on crutches though. I always joke that I can fall upstairs and boy is it true. Its by the grace of God my clumsy butt hasn't been injured on the ranch *touches wood*

So... at least 10 days of no riding :( which isn't too bad except my mare is still so green and needs the consistency. More than 2-3 days off and she gets fresh and seems to forget everything Ive taught her. When I finally am ok'ed to ride, Im going to have a monster on my hands. Yay me! LoL ugh really though Im not looking forward to having to stop training in such a critical part of her training and restarting is going to suck. Just annoyed that all my hard work is going to regress all because Im clumsy...

Just needed to rant a bit :(

And it is a kinda funny story :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Dustbunny 03-03-2013 11:04 AM

Well, that's the pits!
Take care of that knee and do what the drs tell ya.

WSArabians 03-03-2013 11:11 AM

I'm currently on month four of no riding... Only 14 more to go.
*headdesk*
You can come ride all mine, so I don't have psycho, unbroke horses by the time I'm ready! :shock:
LOL

Knee injuries suck. You never realise how much you use them until they're unwell. lol

countrylove 03-03-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 1920402)
I'm currently on month four of no riding... Only 14 more to go.
*headdesk*
You can come ride all mine, so I don't have psycho, unbroke horses by the time I'm ready! :shock:
LOL

Knee injuries suck. You never realise how much you use them until they're unwell. lol

And I'm complaining about 10 days... I couldn't do 4 months let alone 18. And if I let my mare sit that long I would have a psycho on my hands for sure :D

Id love to ride your horses :D

Knee injuries do suck. I broke my elbow last year jogging with my dog and continued to ride but there is no way I can ride with my knee :( hopefully in 10 days I'll be cleared to ride, if not it could be up to 6 weeks to fully heal.

Its kinda funny though cause I do a lot of "dangerous" things but get hurt doing the most mundane daily things like walking up stairs and jogging with the dog LoL :D
Posted via Mobile Device

justridinguk 03-03-2013 11:45 AM

Rant away thats the idea of the forum I guess.. nasty luck though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrylove (Post 1920383)
On Friday night I tripped walking up my porch stairs (solid cement stairs) and tore a ligament in my knee :( Now I'm in a full knee immobilizer. Luckily not on crutches though. I always joke that I can fall upstairs and boy is it true. Its by the grace of God my clumsy butt hasn't been injured on the ranch *touches wood*

So... at least 10 days of no riding :( which isn't too bad except my mare is still so green and needs the consistency. More than 2-3 days off and she gets fresh and seems to forget everything Ive taught her. When I finally am ok'ed to ride, Im going to have a monster on my hands. Yay me! LoL ugh really though Im not looking forward to having to stop training in such a critical part of her training and restarting is going to suck. Just annoyed that all my hard work is going to regress all because Im clumsy...

Just needed to rant a bit :(

And it is a kinda funny story :)
Posted via Mobile Device

WSArabians 03-03-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrylove (Post 1920437)
And I'm complaining about 10 days... I couldn't do 4 months let alone 18. And if I let my mare sit that long I would have a psycho on my hands for sure :D

Id love to ride your horses :D

Knee injuries do suck. I broke my elbow last year jogging with my dog and continued to ride but there is no way I can ride with my knee :( hopefully in 10 days I'll be cleared to ride, if not it could be up to 6 weeks to fully heal.

Its kinda funny though cause I do a lot of "dangerous" things but get hurt doing the most mundane daily things like walking up stairs and jogging with the dog LoL :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, Oregon isn't that far! :lol: But if you wait until May, the mares will be really fresh plus I'll have babies you can halter break for me. LOL

I'm sort of a clutz like you. I broke bones running into walls. :? LOL

I did, though, have a gelding flip over on me and pull all my tendons and muscles from my knee up, and I still have issues today when I ride. Most times I end up kicking it out of the stirrup and just letting it hang.
Hopefully yours heals up good!

Country Woman 03-03-2013 01:48 PM

get well Country Love
I feel for you
I have injured knees as well

tinyliny 03-03-2013 02:11 PM

that's amazing that you tore a ligament yet can ride in 10 days! I'd say you got off lightly.

Golden Horse 03-03-2013 02:32 PM

10 days for a tear sounds very optimistic, fingers crossed that is all it takes,knee injuries suck.

I want to join the clumsy club, was rinsing off a carving knife this morning and managed to run my thumb along the cutting edge, luckily it cut a long shallow flap rather than a deep cut, but it hurts and bled like a good 'un:oops:

boots 03-03-2013 02:39 PM

Hope your knee heals well. We could start a club and I bet it would be big!

I occasionally bump into door jambs, or catch the corner of furniture as I race by. Had a boss tell me I could get dirtier doing a simple thing than any of his four young children. Tend to be fumble fingered and drop stuff, but am good on the save, which is always amusing to people around me.