The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Dresses! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/dresses-155293/)

winchesterDG 03-03-2013 12:13 PM

Dresses! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hey everyone. So, I am going to my chapter awards dinner next Friday. It is cocktail attire , but I have no idea what to wear. I have a couple cute summery dresses, but they are not very fancy. I am not really sure if I want to go out and buy something though. Any suggestions?

winchesterDG 03-03-2013 12:15 PM

Also, I don't want anything strapless, but maybe spaghetti straps because it might be cold

Dustbunny 03-03-2013 12:46 PM

I don't think spaghetti straps are going to increase the body warmth much. Not much material there. : )
Could you get by with a nice pair of slacks or skirt and a pretty blouse? Or put a sweater or jacket over one of the dresses? Kind of hard to make suggestions without knowing just how formal your group is.
Whatever you decide upon have a great time!

Forgot to say Welcome to the forum!

boots 03-04-2013 12:17 AM

Either dress up a plain pair of slacks with a blouse or tank and jacket, or a skirt/blouse or sweater combo, or a simple dress with some of the awesome low cost jewelry that is so available now.

It's better to err on the side of a bit under dressed than over dressed at those things.

Make your shoes a comfortable pair. There are so many cute styles that don't cripple one. Seeing someone walk awkwardly in bad shoes seems to get noticed in horsey circles where we are used to assessing for lameness as second nature.

tinyliny 03-04-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winchesterDG (Post 1920479)
Hey everyone. So, I am going to my chapter awards dinner next Friday. It is cocktail attire , but I have no idea what to wear. I have a couple cute summery dresses, but they are not very fancy. I am not really sure if I want to go out and buy something though. Any suggestions?

chapter awards? What "chapter". Can you ask anyone who's been there before what women typicallly wear. Do you enjoy dressing up? will you have another use for a new dress in the future? excuse me, but may I ask how old you are?

I think every young woman should have a little black dress. I though I had posted the link to Nordstrom's little black cocktail dress selection. anyway, here it is:

Little Black Dress: Pleated, Jersey & Draped | Nordstrom